News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Trition Classified

Started by TJim, February 14, 2009, 09:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJim

Check the Triton that just hit the Triton classified adds.. It's Sirena, the best one afloat. tjim

Tim

Quote from: TJim on February 14, 2009, 09:34:17 AM
Check the Triton that just hit the Triton classified adds.. It's Sirena, the best one afloat. tjim
???????????????????????????????

I think we need a little more info than that Jim
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

TJim

Tim

Jim, that is not what I meant :)  I meant, why are you selling "Sirena"?

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

TJim

The reason is that I have been a liveaboard on Sirena for about 6 months now and she just keeps growing smaller and smaller and getting tighter and tighter. I want a little more room for a galley (stove &oven) chart table (dry) quarter berths, one for me and one for sails, 2 full length salon settees, a decent size flat screen TV and a large v-berth w/friend. I'd also like to be able to walk past someone between the settees without having to make contortions to pass. Hot water and a shower, double deep sinks in galley....Those kind of things, hey I'm going to be here for a long time..(I hope)..TJ

Tim

Great to hear, the next best thing to being on the boat is shopping for one ;)

W.A. Ward

Shipscarver

It looks like you picked a very good time to start shopping. Good luck.
"The great secret that all old people share
is that you really haven't changed . . .
Your body changes, but you don't change at all.
And that, of course, causes great confusion." . . . Doris Lessing

Shipscarver - Cape Dory 27

newt

Sad to hear Sirena is for sale. I know you were working on it when I first met you. I still have (and use) the old copy of the Nautical map for the GSL. I went even smaller... from a Cat 27 to a Compac 23, but I only overnight on her. And usually I am alone.
When I'm sailing I'm free and the earth does not bind me...

AdriftAtSea

Sounds like a good reason to move up...what boats are you looking at??
Quote from: TJim on February 15, 2009, 01:20:27 PM
The reason is that I have been a liveaboard on Sirena for about 6 months now and she just keeps growing smaller and smaller and getting tighter and tighter. I want a little more room for a galley (stove &oven) chart table (dry) quarter berths, one for me and one for sails, 2 full length salon settees, a decent size flat screen TV and a large v-berth w/friend. I'd also like to be able to walk past someone between the settees without having to make contortions to pass. Hot water and a shower, double deep sinks in galley....Those kind of things, hey I'm going to be here for a long time..(I hope)..TJ
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

TJim

I'm not ruling anything out but they have to be a 1.80.  capsize ratio or better and that automatically rules 90% of them out.  I'm thinking Ranger 33, Erickson 32, Alberg 35,,,something similar. TJ

AdriftAtSea

I'd recommend the Elizabethans and the Southern Crosses as well. :) I believe both made a 31, the Elizabethan also had a 33 or 35 and the SC had a 35 and possibly a 37 IIRC.
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

TJim

I took a ride on a
Contessa 32 3 days ago.  I really like that boat and I could make the necessary mods to have everything I want really easy.  But I found a
Ranger 33 yesterday and I'm dealing for it today. It's got everything but a shower and extras like Insulated backstay, wind instruments, new dodger and a good set of "new" sails plus 300' of chain..... Now I just got to sell the Triton.  I could move some stuff off of it to the Ranger and probably get down to around 8 or 9 .... wish me luck... tj

Tim

Keep us posted, where is the Ranger located?

W.A. Ward

Joe Pyrat

Jim,

Sorry to hear you are selling her.  She has had a tough life until you came along.  Find her a good home.   :)
Joe Pyrat

Vendee Globe Boat Name:  Pyrat