News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Question - on Tillerpilots

Started by polecat, April 22, 2009, 09:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polecat

Are the tiller pins (tiller end) and mounting cups (cockpit end) the same size for Simrad tp20 and a Raymarine midsize?  I can make up for overall auto pilot length by making an extension but need them to mount the same.  I want to be able to drop in either with out having two mount schemes.
Thanks
jim

AdriftAtSea

No idea... since I've not seen the Simrad.   However, you can probably get documents for both online, and the installation manuals will probably say what each requires.

Raymarine ST2000+ manual

Simrad TP22 manual

I believe the Raymarine tiller pin is slightly smaller than the Simrad one, from looking at the documentation, but no real dimensions are given.

IMHO, it would make more sense to have two tillerpilots from the same manufacturer.  Even the ST1000 and ST2000 use the same pins and wiring.
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

polecat

Yep - it would surely make more sense to stick to one brand --- but for some reason that never seems to be the deal that comes along.  I've printed all the manuals from the online sources and haven't found the pin width.  West marine sells the stainless snap on tiller pins - will roll the dice on that end & turn a sleeve for the other if needs be.
thanks
Jim