News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Summer plans?

Started by Frank, March 30, 2009, 07:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Who's going where? Seeing what? What put-off projects getting done? If ya post it then you'll have to do it  ;)
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Tim

Actually Frank I was planning on you coming out to finish the work on my Ariel.

Installing this propane locker

into the motor laz

and a little more work on the stern

and the a paint job on the topside and deck, quite a bit of fairing there also.

And after you get done with that we can start on the interior  ;)

meanwhile I'm taking the Potter to Monterey Bay this weekend   ;D
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Frank

Good stuff  ;)   Have fun pottering

Lynx

I have to work in Key West taking pictures of people going out to snorkel.

It could be worse ;D

MacGregor 26M

Frank

Taking pictures of people snorkeling....sounds pretty tuff  ;D  If ya find any other 'jobs' like that...please post them here. Good for you.  PS..that ole derilict tri is still anchored in the shallows at marsh harbour.

LooseMoose

we're sailing up to Newport RI for thecahrter yacht show in June Then spending a little time in Montauk and the Cheapeake till its time to come back to the Caribbean for another charter show.

It's a hard way to make a living but someone has to do it!

Bob
So It Goes (CAL 34)
http://boatbits.blogspot.com/
http://fishingundersail.blogspot.com/

Capt. Tony

Brace yourself, Frank.  I'm gonna work on the boat some more.  Charlie and some others have given me a few new ideas worth incorporating into the rebuild.  And then, that's it!  No more!

Amgine

::dances a wee bit, drinks more:: Almost circumnavigate Vancouver Island before [if the stars align just so and I get a number of things crossed off the project list] sailing to Hawaiʻi. [plans]

Frank

Great Tony...sounds like the end may be somewhere in sight? Pics please  ;D  great sailing plans for Amgine...hope it works out.

Joesaila

I'm going in on May 1 and hope to get a good vantage point to see the Volvo races in Boston. Highpoint is the Nantucket Races and drooling over the oldies but goodies.

Godot

Repairs and Mods:

• Seal up the old unused through hulls.
  • Repair a new crack found on the transom under the backstay chainplate.  I think I may end up putting several layers of fiberglass tape over this area to beef it up some.
  • New cushions.
  • Replace lexan in portlights (dead lights?)
  • Repair bowsprit.
  • Lots (lots and lots) more if time allows.

Sailing:

• Number 1 goal is to sail MORE than last year.
  • Hopefully I'll take the boat offshore as I go down the Atlantic side of DelMarVa and eventually end up in Beaufort to stage for the Scoot, or if that can't happen, return up the Chesapeake to complete a DelMarVa circumnavigation.  This will hopefully be a fairly decent shakedown for the Scoot if it turns out I am able to take Godot after all.
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

Marc

FINISH MY BOAT RESTORATION ans then SPLASH HER.  I'm so close but then again so far.  It's becoming a money thing now,  but she will be in the water this summer.  Marc
s/v Lorinda Des Moines, Iowa

s/v Monomoy

We will be mainly sailing our home water of Pensacola Bay most of the summer, but we are driving to Maryland to sail the Chesapeake Bay on my dad/step-mom's boat in June and driving to Wisconsin in July to boat on the Great Lakes with my sis/bro-in-law (they are planning a Great Loop passage in about two years).
s/v Monomoy
Hunter 37.5
Pensacola, FL
blog - http://www.sv-monomoy.com