Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Since Laura "retired"

Started by CharlieJ, March 25, 2009, 10:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieJ

It's gotten really interesting around here ;D

All that "retired" means is she isn't working for someone else anymore- she STILL can't sit still

So in the last three days- she's found a recipe for a sourdough starter, mixed it and we are right now consuming biscuits made from that.

She also found a video for a "no knead" bread recipe- mix up some flour, yeast, salt and water, stir it up, plop it into a bowl overnight, shape into a loaf and bake. So so simple even a man can do it :D

We've had two loaves from that, one in the regular oven and one in a pressure cooker ( to test baking it onboard)

The third loaf is in the bowl right now, sitting for in the morning.

Watch the video- it's really neat and it really works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Ah9ES2yTU

AND

last night we canned nine pints of meat- 4 of roast and five of ground beef. Tomorrow or the next day we'll try a dinner with one or the other.

Busy, busy, busy  ;D
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

CaptMac

Retired = working but not getting paid for it

I hope Laura knows how to sew, she will be letting you pants out with all that good food.

Enjoy
Seafarer 26

CharlieJ

;D ;D

Yeah, she knows how to sew. She has about a months sewing backlog right now, doing canvas work for various boats. Just finished repairing a sail today- putting new sacrificial material on the luff of a big genoa.

Then has several biminis to finish, plus some recutting on two sails for us.

She sewed  all the cushions on this boat (and the previous one) and has made us three biminis so far ( on several boats)

But she seldom does clothes ;D ;D

And yeah- I've realized I need to watch my waist line- with all this cooking going on, I might NEED some expansion- hope not though- JUST got new jeans one waist size smaller- don't want to revert!! ::)
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

AdriftAtSea

So, basically, you're getting spoiled rotten, even more so than usual.... :)
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Amgine

Hey! let's add to the workload. Recipes posted to The Sailfar Cookbook?

Sounds like a good life ya got there, CharlieJ

CharlieJ

Recipe is in the video. I don't have it in writing anywhere. I'll TRY to do that though
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera