Zac Sunderland; circumnavigation

Started by Zen, May 06, 2008, 02:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pappy Jack

Hey Marc,

Maybe you and I, being from Iowa, could get a sponsorship from John Deere or some seed dealership ;D ::) :D? A couple of bucks here and there wouldn't hurt, would it? I wonder if  we would have to paint our boats John Deere green and yellow ??? or could we just get away with with a JD baseball cap and jacket?

Fair winds,

Pappy Jack

Gerald A. Gotts

Hey everyone,  Have you noticed Zac Sunderland is nearing home after his trip around the globe.  He is quite a remarkable  young man.  I have been following his trip since the beginning and I'm in awe of this young man.  Gosh that makes me feel old when I talk like that!!! :)
Now..............bring me that horizon

- Jack Sparrow

Tim

I believe he is a very deserving young man. Considering some of the well promoted endeavors, his was done with class beyond his years.
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

AdriftAtSea

s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Chattcatdaddy

Whatever happened to the other kid that was on the 50ft racer trying to circumnavigate?
Keith
International Man of Leisure

AdriftAtSea

Mike Perham is still going AFAIK...so is Jessica Watson.
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Shipscarver

I give both of these kids a great deal of credit. 
Whatever motivates them, it has motivated too few others.  We need these kids out there for the very sake of helping people to realize that adventure did not die in the days of  cowboys and Indians, or the Union Jack off newly discovered islands. Adventure, and the chance to achieve huge goals, huge experiences, is with us now.
We need people to carry their story to the press in every possible local market. E-mail their cites and stories to TV, radio, and newspaper editors.
"The great secret that all old people share
is that you really haven't changed . . .
Your body changes, but you don't change at all.
And that, of course, causes great confusion." . . . Doris Lessing

Shipscarver - Cape Dory 27

s/v Faith

I think I just heard that Zac is the subject of ABC news nightline.  They have something less newsworthy about a dead celebrity right now..  ::)
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

s/v Faith

They actually did a pretty good job with the story.

The Zac's dad was rigging a fix for a broken bulkhead that looked pretty bad... this kid has been through some rough stuff... I hope that he gets some good coverage for his arrival.

s/v Faith

Way to go Zac!

He did it.  Read it here.

Zac Sunderland completes solo sail around the world... LA Times

Quote"Zac Sunderland completes solo sail around the world

"The 17-year-old from Thousand Oaks is the youngest sailor to complete the feat. The journey lasted 13 months.

By Pete Thomas
10:30 AM PDT, July 16, 2009

"Zac Sunderland, who left Marina del Rey 13 months ago with a bold ambition to become the youngest person to sail around the world alone, returned to complete that quest today at 10:30 a.m."

Zen

Yay Zac!,

Islanders rock!!!!!   ;D
https://zensekai2japan.wordpress.com/
Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club

Chattcatdaddy

Zac has been getting a lot of good press! Jim Rome mentioned him on his TV and radio shows. Sportscenter did a little story and Foxsports radio did a little story. Every report has been positve. Jim Rome was really impressed and he isn`t impressed by much.
Keith
International Man of Leisure