Some pics from our Lake Michigan outing

Started by Christopher, July 22, 2009, 11:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

I was blessed with a great crew and a great boat this year for the Queen's Cup Regatta and I thought I'd throw a couple of what I thought were good pics from the trip.

1993 Hunter 23.5

s/v Copacetic

Tom and Cathy
1979 Chrysler 26
On a sailboat, you're already there.

jotruk

s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

Christopher

No doubt --- I haven't been out on the water since and it's killing me.  School, work and a baby just don't leave room for sailing.  At least I got in one decent trip this year.

1993 Hunter 23.5

s/v Monomoy

Fantastic pictures.  I'm a Floridian currently visiting family in Sturgeon Bay, WI, where they haven't yet turned their a/c on this year.  We crossed the Lake last week to Manistee, Frankfort, Leeland, Traverse City, and Charlevoix; what a treat.  I had the pleasure of meeting many of the Mackinac Sailboat Race crews which was taking place at the time we were over on that side of the Lake.  Alas, tomorrow we depart to make the drive back to Pensacola and back into humidity. 
s/v Monomoy
Hunter 37.5
Pensacola, FL
blog - http://www.sv-monomoy.com

CharlieJ

Hey- we live in south Texas and haven't run an air conditioner since June of last year :D

Of course we DO live on Matagorda Bay and have an almost constant breeze.  Front and back doors open and the breeze moving through makes it pretty nice.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Cpt2Be

Nice pics! Probably don't need to tell you what a great week it's been for Lake Michigan. Hope you've gotten out there.

Christopher

Every time my wife and I drive near the lake.. she's like "Look at all the boats out there!  It's such a gorgeous day for sailing" and then she revels in the pain she's caused me.

The Michigan side sure has some beautiful coastline.  Wisconsin side is largely uninteresting until you get up on the thumb.  The Chicago skyline at night is quite  a sight to behold though.

That's one trip I know the wife will take with me... shopping on Michigan Ave is worth just about any degree of discomfort in her book.

Next season I'm going to be out there every day there's wind!
1993 Hunter 23.5

Christopher

Quote from: BenH on July 31, 2009, 09:50:02 AM
Fantastic pictures.  I'm a Floridian currently visiting family in Sturgeon Bay, WI, where they haven't yet turned their a/c on this year.  We crossed the Lake last week to Manistee, Frankfort, Leeland, Traverse City, and Charlevoix; what a treat.  I had the pleasure of meeting many of the Mackinac Sailboat Race crews which was taking place at the time we were over on that side of the Lake.  Alas, tomorrow we depart to make the drive back to Pensacola and back into humidity. 

It is really pretty up there.  I really want to get to some of the islands up around that area.  Did you happen to see Windquest among the Mack boats?  That boat was in the Queen's Cup regatta as well and won it.  It's a MaxZ 86.  Not much for creature comforts, but we were in 1-3 knots of wind and that thing went screaming past.  Thing's got a mast that probably catches wind from passing jetliners.  Really a sight to see out on the water...
1993 Hunter 23.5