Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

!986 Sanibel17

Started by heymagic, September 13, 2009, 08:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heymagic

Hi all
I've been working to restore this boat and found this website. I really have been dragging my feet lately, so I thought if I posted a link to some recent pictures, I'd either have to kick it in gear or claim I broke the camera.
The boat was built by Captiva Yachts in 1986. They changed the model name to Sanibel 18 in August of '86 so most folks call it that.
I live near the St. Croix River on the Wisconsin-Minnesota border.
Looking forward to Spring 2010 to splash this little pup.
Mike B.

Boat pics

Captain Smollett

Hi Mike,

I have an even earlier incarnation of the same boat...Skipper's Mate 17, built in 1982.

Fun boat.  I'm sure you will have tons of fun with her.

Have a grog to ease into the restoration.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

heymagic

There are a few Skipper's Mate 17's listed on Chris C's Sanibel site. I know of one listed in SC named Wave Function. I wanted to start small and I sure did! The Grog is of course, is indispensable and I am in Wisconsin so it's a cultural norm.
Mike B

s/v Faith

Quote from: heymagic on September 13, 2009, 09:21:25 PM
...I know of one listed in SC named Wave Function....

Sounds familiar...   ;)
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Captain Smollett

Quote from: heymagic on September 13, 2009, 09:21:25 PM
There are a few Skipper's Mate 17's listed on Chris C's Sanibel site. I know of one listed in SC named Wave Function. I wanted to start small and I sure did! The Grog is of course, is indispensable and I am in Wisconsin so it's a cultural norm.
Mike B

That's my boat, but of she lives in Raleigh now (on permanent "loan" to my nephew Michael).

Here's a few stories posted on this board ... fond memories with this little boat:

Nephew Stephen's First Sail

A Day on Winyah Bay here and here

Mississippi Sound

and finally, Hilton Head, SC

Trailer Boats sure a ton of fun.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

heymagic

Thanks for the links to Wave Function I'll check them out.
Mike B.