News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Last race of the season

Started by jotruk, October 26, 2009, 10:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jotruk

Sunday was the last race of the season for the sail club on Lake Whitney Tx. The wind was a bit strong for the group (about 25 kts with 35 kt gust) my boat handled it just fine and the crew I had was good I had 3 crew that only had very limited sailing experience, but I felt we could do the race with little problem. The race went real well until the 4the turn and we got caught in a very strange wind It was actually blowing at a 20+ degree shift from the west. We went from 6.2 kts to 2knts side ways in about  a boat lenght and started being set on to a mud bank, We had to start the engine to get out of there (which killed it for the race) and ended up motoring back in. Over all It was a nice race day and actually a lot of fun even with a inexperienced crew. Over all I place 1st for 27 ft boats for the season and a guy in a Catalina placed as sailer of the year overall had a very good season.
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock