News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

New old friends

Started by Navyvet, November 09, 2009, 10:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navyvet

The world has a way of making it seam a lot smaller when you meet someone. This weekend I had the pleasure of sailing with Craig on Faith. It wasn't about how fast we went or how great a beam reach it was, just the chance to spend time with someone who understands your passion. To sail, talk, and learn of eachothers past, laugh, and realise just how close we have come to meeting 10 years before hand. It's a small world sometimes people won't drive 40 mins to meet or hang out with someone they don't "truly" know. All I have to say is don't hesitate to do it. If you know someone is only a hour or 2 from you on the site send them a PM try to get together talk about your dreams have fun and if you get really lucky go for a sail and just sit back and let the wind take you where it wants. Life is short spend it with people who understand you and can or have dreamed the same dream as you. Thank you Craig for your fellowship as a friend and as a sailor.
People sleep peacefully in the beds because rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf.

s/v Faith

:)

Thanks Dave, I really enjoyed the sail too.  Look forward to doing it again soon.

I have been very fortunate to meet quite a few folks from this forum.  I appreciate you all, and look forward
to the opportunity to meet the rest of you....

...Hopefully 'Out there'.   ;)   
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Zen

excellent thought and post...
https://zensekai2japan.wordpress.com/
Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club

SV Wind Dancer

No boat snobs, "magazine captains", impenetrable cliques, or yods of ads for fru-fru nauticrap...and members are supportive and respect each other?  This place gives me the willies... ;^)

Navyvet

Ya it's weird it's kinda like we actually get along. :P It's not often any more that people can get together and just enjoy each other company and take advise from one another and not get offended. We all like to joke or tell a story (that usually makes us the joke from time to time) and we don't judge each other (we might laugh) we don't belittle the other guys boat "Well you know if you got the 40 footer you would blah blah blah" and never see the water in it because it takes 2 or 3 on board to just get the deck lines off. We are here for fun, for info, for friends, and because of that we have a comunity that is a great place to be apart of. Good people are hard to come by friends are even harder and a friend that shares your pasion that is just plane rare.
People sleep peacefully in the beds because rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf.