News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Heater question

Started by Mr. Fixit, January 20, 2010, 11:55:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Fixit

Defender sells a heater that uses engine coolent for auxilary heat. My engine has the outlets/inlet installed that would accept this type of heater. Does anybody out there use this type of heater?? I realize that this would only be auxiliary heat available when the engine is running. They are listed at 28,000 btu. I have heated my boat with a 1,500 watt electric heater in marginal conditions. I expect to spend the summer early fall on the Hudson River/Canal system and am wondering if this type of heater would be worth it. I have room for the fan/grill assembly very close to the engine. Any imput would be appreciated. I am still working on my primary heating system. When I changed interior i did not allow room for heater. Highlights need to plan well before changing things. BEST LAID PLANS OF MICE AND MEN----

AdriftAtSea

Yes, I've used a hydronic type heater.  They're very effective, especially if you're doing something like motoring down the ICW in the middle of December when it is only 23˚ out... which I did last month.
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more