News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Back in the loop

Started by Gerald A. Gotts, November 27, 2009, 04:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerald A. Gotts

Hello everyone .  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving I know I did.  I'm just now (today) returning from a cruise that I greatly enjoyed.  I am now officially hooked on sailing small boats great  distances.  I left Crystal River,Fl. (central gulf coast) and sailed to Key West for several weeks.   I'm now looking forward to my next long jaunt.   My plans are to cross to the Bahamas and after some time head on down to the Virgin Islands.  I figure all it takes is a lot more food and a lot more water and maybe a bit more money too.  I did make a few bucks diving on hulls and found I really don't need much money out there.

I will contact you guys when I'm able but am just here long enough to stock up and get out there again.  Didn't know it was this easy !

This is my round about way of thanking you guys and gals so much for all of the advice in the past year or so.

Anybody know who carries "Reliance black water carriers " ?  I have not looked  much for them but thought somebody might know.

Cheers, Jerry
Now..............bring me that horizon

- Jack Sparrow

CaptMac

Great that your cruise went well, I am still working on our sailboat but I was just wondering what equipment you found that you thought you needed and didn't and that you will add for your next cruise.

Thanks
Jay
Seafarer 26

newt

He might be already gone Jay. That sounded like a cruiser who has seriously got the bug.
When I'm sailing I'm free and the earth does not bind me...

tomwatt

Gerry, hope your sailin' is smooth and pleasant... you replied to my inquiry about a Bristol sometime back before I'd managed to land my project, so it's great to 'see' you out and about in your boat.
Post up some pics (if you can), and keep us posted... the USVI appeals to me as a destination (okay, I'll admit it's childishness on my part dating back to being a young boy and discovering that there is a "St. Thomas" island...) and a spot I hope to sail to someday.
1977 Nordica 20 Sloop
It may be the boat I stay with for the rest of my days, unless I retire to a cruising/liveaboard life.
1979 Southcoast Seacraft 26A
Kinda up for sale.

Frank

Thanks for the update. Glad you're "out here - doing it"  Have fun
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Grime

Jerry,
A close friend of mine is in Book Keys. s/v First Light his name is Bob. If you get a chance drop by and say hello.
David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27