News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

My master piece

Started by evantica, February 17, 2010, 04:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evantica

Wish you all a merry christmas from very snowy Sweden!

Oldrig

Merry Christmas, Evantica!

Believe it or not, I've got a case of "snow envy."

Looks like another brown Christmas here in New England, and I'm jealous -- my in-laws are coming up north for the holidays, and my niece has never seen snow on the ground -- and she's not likely to see it this year either.

--Joe
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

ntica

Hi there friends...I'm back after some difficulties in life. I've sold my steel boat, But Now I've recently bought a fantastic Marieholm IF 26 ' And now my longdistance sailing is really in a future.
I'm so glad...I'm gonna preper "her" in a couple of years time, ANd can in meanwhile use her to get out on some cruising.
She like a folkboat in glasfiber, build in -67. longkeel and 2200kg. I'm thrilled.
I'd lost my "inlog" here, that why the new name "NTICA"...

Here she is, from the ad when I found her.

Captain Smollett

Quote from: ntica on October 17, 2011, 03:19:06 AM

Hi there friends...I'm back after some difficulties in life.

Sorry to hear about the difficulties...hope they are worked out now.

That sure is a pretty boat..nice classic lines on the hull.  Where's the mast?

Here's a video you might like:

http://sailfar.net/forum/index.php/topic,1414.msg37608.html#msg37608   :)

S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

ntica

Hi And Thanks...The mast it's on its shelf (?!)... Soon winter in Swe so I'm gonna lift her up soon.
Thanks for tube clip... (like more of those.
Heres a pic of a german couple in ther marieholm IF, FIRA. mid atlantic. on there way to Carribean

ntica

On more Atlantic crossing pic' from "FIRA"

Oldrig

Welcome back, Ntica.

She looks like a lovely boat, and one that will take a lot less time and effort to make seaworthy (if she isn't already).

BTW, my last posting in this thread was about "snow envy."

In fact, we had one of the snowiest winters on record last year, and my niece from Florida, who had never seen snow before, got to make snow angels and use snowshoes while she visited us. We didn't have XC ski boots to fit her, so she missed that pleasure.

Best,

--Joe
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

ntica

Thanks Oldrig... Snow remainds me of frezzing and a whole lot of "wood chopping" the only heat source in our house infact.
longing for the "all around the year sun"...
and when my closet's just t-shirts and shorts ;)
for now...

SeaHusky

Wellcome back Evantica!
I have also toyed with the idea of making an oceancruiser out of an IF so I will PM you an idea for an improved rigging that I found that was written by a guy whose boat is called Snowflake.
I think this is his daughters blogg and that he is not far from you.
http://ellekari.blogg.se/2011/may/snowflake.html

This is one serious IF!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yseGfW44S60
I look for subtle places, beaches, riversides and the ocean's lazy tides.
I don't want to be in races, I'm just along for the ride.

maxiSwede

Hej evantica!  Nice to hear about your IF (Folkboat) I used to have one - probably the best sailing boat there is, albeit a bit 'smallish' in terms of below decks accomodation   ;) ;D

It's been done, without too much moderations. I come to thinkof one that did the songle-hand Trans-Pac to Hawaii last year or so, and the Swede Anders Eriksson who sailed his IF to Brazil where he lives, to keep there as a 'play-around' boat. And don't forget the wooden Folkboat 'Jester' with it's Junk rig that did I don't remember how many OSTAR single-handed Transatlantic races.

Good luck with it!  And remember.... all that happens to us in life, happens for a purpose! A while later, we'll come ut better and stronger and with more experience
s/v  Nanna
Southern Cross 35' Cutter in French Polynesia
and
H-boat 26' - Sweden

svnanna.wordpress.com

ntica

Nice to know there's friends out there... makes me feel good! Snowflake was interesting, will check this up.
All the best you...

ntica

SeaHusky...I will PM you an idea for an improved rigging...Looking forward for the "PM"!
can also mail me
evantica@hotmail.se

SeaHusky

PM sent twice but something won't work.
Email is on its way.

ntica

Got the mail! appriciate it...

ntica

Pic. from today... dirty :o gonna lift her up this weekend.

ntica

Tommorow saturday She will come up. Besides thi... A couple of weeks ago I was answering an Ad about a sailboat "give away" but I was #2. 
But yesterday the man was calling me and sead it was mine :o for free :o Not that fancy boat, but with an engine and sail and compl. look at the pic.
"Karlskrona kryssare" is the name on htis type of boat here in Sweden. 25 feet. Think it looks like aTristan Jones (?)..hm... forgott the name. so the next week I'm gonna go and collekt her.
The best part is: Finnaly my realy bad luck is vanishing. Been trough heck and back, for so long. But since my new IF Folkboat things get lighter!
Just wanna let you all know!

Chattcatdaddy

Looks like a nice boat! Free! ;D
Keith
International Man of Leisure

ntica

Sea Dart ;) Tristan Jones look a like ;D

SeaHusky

Great boat, congratulations!
I can take care of your surplus IF for you.  ;)

Oldrig

That boat looks very seaworthy. Now you've got a fleet!

BTW, is she wood or fiberglass.

In any case, best of luck, Admiral!

--Joe
--Capt. John Smith, 1627