Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

My master piece

Started by evantica, February 17, 2010, 04:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Smollett

That sure is a purty bote.   ;)

Forget the trials of 'singlehanding,' you now must write the definitive article on "half handing" (sailing two boats at once).    ;D

Glad to hear things are turning around for you.  Enjoy a grog.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

skylark

Thats a clean boat for free.  Nice score!
Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

SeaHusky

I don't know what you plan to do with them, you probably haven't had time to think it through, but here is a picture for you...
The Karlskrona will be your nice, beautiful weekendsailor :) with classic looks and all wood interior.
You can then be completely ruthless in turning the IF into a Roger Taylor style, unsinkable, stormproof, go anywhere oceanracer!  8)
I look for subtle places, beaches, riversides and the ocean's lazy tides.
I don't want to be in races, I'm just along for the ride.

ntica

Thanks for comment. And yes the Karskrona is made in Wood. I don't know what I shall do with it yet? mabe restore and sell?
I want to ask all of you what you think about this. It's kind of wierd ::)
My long lasting badluck is gone, I can feel it, eversince I got hold of my new IF boat. (and here's the story)
When I was about 18 years old, I met my "big one" a girl! We were deeply in love and soon we move together in an apartment, We did allkinds of crazy stuff and a whole lot of fun. Life was good.
Marie tragically died at the age of 25, we were seperated at the time but still connected. My Boat mod. is a MarieHOLM (if) from -67.  Marie was born 1967. I paid 25.000:- skr. 25 was Marie when she died. My sail nr. is S-46.  46 is my age today. And Marie and I shared the same lastname: HOLMstrom.
Almost unreal. Maybe I'm sensitiv or someone is telling me something? I feel deeply connected to my IF. And will keep "her" for the rest of my life!

Captain Smollett

Quote from: ntica on October 29, 2011, 03:26:29 PM

When I was about 18 years old, I met my "big one" a girl! We were deeply in love and soon we move together in an apartment, We did allkinds of crazy stuff and a whole lot of fun. Life was good.
Marie tragically died at the age of 25, we were seperated at the time but still connected. My Boat mod. is a MarieHOLM (if) from -67.  Marie was born 1967. I paid 25.000:- skr. 25 was Marie when she died. My sail nr. is S-46.  46 is my age today. And Marie and I shared the same lastname: HOLMstrom.
Almost unreal. Maybe I'm sensitiv or someone is telling me something? I feel deeply connected to my IF. And will keep "her" for the rest of my life!

Beautiful.   :)
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

SeaHusky

That's nice!

That was a really good price for an IF, even here in Sweden. Is there a lot to fix or did you just get a good deal?
Some more pics of her would be nice.

ntica

Yes it was a good price. He had to get rid of her, He has bought a new boat, a bigger one 39'.Helmsman. And he had sailed her maybe 10 times since -98. She is in good shape. dirty and left in the water for 2 seasons, winter time. But I got her up yesterday and she's looking fine. Gonna start with some washing up. And see to all the "things" and get her ready for an earley season 2012.
God Im happy ;D
Get some pic's soon for you.

ntica

Here's a pic of how she use to look = a beauty :)

Chattcatdaddy

Wow! Now thats a nice looking boat. Planning to return her to former glory?
Keith
International Man of Leisure

Jim_ME

QuoteI want to ask all of you what you think about this.

First, sympathy for your tragic loss those years ago.

It certainly does seem remarkably serendipitous, and an affirmation that you and your ideal boat have found each other.  :)

-Jim

ntica

Tanx friends for positive feedback. And yes I will get her back to former glory!
I found an IF located in Tonga. a Swede bought her in California and sailed...
He'd done some improvments, smaller "windows" (?!)
and the "rostjarn" = where the rigging is attached to the hull. seem like a good ide?

ntica

collectibles from "karlskrona kryssaren"... (the freebee boat)

ntica

here's a pic from the otherday, onboard the "Karskrona kryssaren"

skylark

So how is the gifted boat?

Sailable?

Seaworthy?

Clean enough to spend a night on?

pics?
Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

ntica

the freeboat was in a sad shape. halffull of water, and in a sad state. I don't feel for a refit of her. but there was a whole lot of nice items. the sails,ok.
2 outboard engines, one electric working engine, the other 6hp Suzuki need a renovation. anchor. and more...So Im pleased.
I can sell some of it and keep what I can use on my IF boat "Ntica"

SeaHusky

Are you going to name you're IF "Ntica"?
A tip I got is to name the boat something that can be easily understood buy a foreigner on a bad VHF connection when you are a bit stressed.
Or practice saying NovemberTangoIndiaCharlieAlfa really fast.  ;D

ntica

Hi. No I'm not quite sure what to call her??? maybe you could give me some suggestions? (I actually been thinking of this for a while!) and to name her has to be just perfect. so com'on friends...

ntica

Quote from: ntica on November 15, 2011, 01:25:54 PM
Hi. No I'm not quite sure what to call her??? maybe you could give me some suggestions? (I actually been thinking of this for a while!) and to name her has to be just perfect. so com'on friends...
I do know what i "should " call her... ( but I'm married and can not name her
Marie II)

SeaHusky

As far as I think I know you, how about the "Cape"?

ntica

yes sea husky, You kind of know me ;) "cape" is a great name, as I allways  have "fancy" cape Horn, for some reasons?! hm...