News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

My master piece

Started by evantica, February 17, 2010, 04:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntica

My brother gave me this beautiful lamp today...

SeaHusky

I read an interview with Tord Sund?n about the IF. Apparently the first ten(!) were without the fore hatch and mast bulkhead. All the other 3500 have them!
I look for subtle places, beaches, riversides and the ocean's lazy tides.
I don't want to be in races, I'm just along for the ride.

ntica

There is a Mastbulkhead, but no forhatch. Tomorrow will be the official "move aboard" date. Packed some cloths and some "stuff" to bring. I leaving the House to wife & children. And will stay in close contact with them.
Sadness and happiness at the sametime :'( :D...

mrb

Nice lamp, as a child it was always fun to get to clean the nav lights.  No such pleasure for most children today.

tomwatt

Quote from: ntica on February 28, 2012, 10:45:40 AM
Tomorrow will be the official "move aboard" date. Packed some cloths and some "stuff" to bring. I leaving the House to wife & children. And will stay in close contact with them.
Sadness and happiness at the sametime :'( :D...
Wishing you calm seas in your upcoming voyage of life.
1977 Nordica 20 Sloop
It may be the boat I stay with for the rest of my days, unless I retire to a cruising/liveaboard life.
1979 Southcoast Seacraft 26A
Kinda up for sale.

ntica

well..not that much too see but...Done a whole lot of plastingwork in the keel area. a brand new ancorbox, mounted my windlass, redone my stove "place", some paintwork. looks like a working place in mess... but things getting in place now...Then I'll have a wholelot of cleanup, outside.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyvA3qJhlEg&feature=youtu.be

ntica

Hi there friends...The sun is shining and life's good again! Been some hectic days with Celeste...and many reinforcements done. getting ready to bring her to the water and to do some NM...
Hope you all feel as good as I do. For now....

tomwatt

With your boat on the verge of getting splashed, I'll bet few of us feel as good as you do right now! Congrats (when she gets wet)...
1977 Nordica 20 Sloop
It may be the boat I stay with for the rest of my days, unless I retire to a cruising/liveaboard life.
Kinda up for sale.

ntica

news...New doghouse soon finished, and new chainplates done ;D

ntica

some interior work also... ;D

Oldrig

It looks very nice! Good work.
--Joe
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

ntica

Thanks Oldrig!   Hold your thumbs, perhapse I get my hands on a secondhand Hydrovane selfsteerer soon ;D Yes I know it's a bit heavy but, many folkboats/or like them, have them for some reason...

tomwatt

Wow. You're really coming along with your boat!
Congratulations, I'll bet the doghouse is going to be great in stormy, cold seas... but here's hoping all you get are warm, gentle tropical seas.
:)
1977 Nordica 20 Sloop
Kinda up for sale.

ntica

yes... some bottompaint and then to the water....About the Hydrovane: spoke with the owner today and trade it for a bottle of Whiskey ;D   Can hardley belive it ;D
pic. of offcenter mounted Hydrovane

maxiSwede

A HydroVane for a bottle of whiusky?!!

Wow, congratulations, that`s one GREAT deal. Keep us posted once you`re out on the water.

What route are you thinking of?

Cheers//
Magnus
s/v  Nanna
Southern Cross 35' Cutter in French Polynesia
and
H-boat 26' - Sweden

svnanna.wordpress.com

ntica

Hi there Maxiswe...The Hydrovane trade is unbelivable. Not in the best of conditions. I will have it in the next week.
About my planning route for now...
No 1: Put her on a "lorry" and bring her to the Med of the Spanish coast,eg. Portugal?!
No 2: Sail her from R?? trough the canalsystem of Europe to the Med.
No 3: The long opensea sailing across the Northsea, England.
But not this year. WIll test out some gear this 2012. Clear things out with my kids and so...
Couldn't help my self for the tatto.. "The Holy gral of my sailing"
And nice to hear from you all......

ntica

almost done with my "doghouse" ;)

ntica

wiev from the inside...

Chattcatdaddy

Looking good! Keep at it and before you know it warm tropical beezes will be call for your name.
Keith
International Man of Leisure

SeaHusky

Wow! It's really becoming an oceancruiser. And without a mast bulkhead you really get much more interior space, or at least it appears so. Are you living aboard already?
I look for subtle places, beaches, riversides and the ocean's lazy tides.
I don't want to be in races, I'm just along for the ride.