News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

My master piece

Started by evantica, February 17, 2010, 04:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntica

first fo all thanks to all of you for respond!!! Seahusky... I kind of liveaboard, right now. But it's been strange ti leaving my former home for good so... but anygiven day I'll be living permant in my boat, Celeste! (allready tommorow i guess)

Sad news about the Hydrovane, "He" called me up today and sead he got an offer he couldn't refuse 1200USD. And I can't come up with the money right now so he'll sell it to the other one. He fealth sad coz' he promissed me, and wanted to compens...me for the Whiskey, I sead no! Yes this was a blow for me.  >:( But there will come other selfsteering divice  before I leave. (I hope)

I've tried to build one, but no...I can't trust it enough.

Oldrig

Sorry to hear about the windvane, but it really was too good to be true.

I hope you can at least enjoy the bottle of whiskey.

--Joe
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

SeaHusky

Quote from: ntica on April 03, 2012, 05:51:10 AM
some interior work also... ;D
How do you access the quarterbirth/storage now blocked by the stove/locker? Are you going to make a hatch from the cockpit?
I look for subtle places, beaches, riversides and the ocean's lazy tides.
I don't want to be in races, I'm just along for the ride.

ntica

sea Husky... There's no acces to the "quarterbeds" from the inside! some opening boxes in the well. Going to minmize the well also!
And finnaly she's in the water... Still lots of work to be done...but it's a lot of pleasure. Slept in Celeste the other night-without any heater on- darn cold it was :o

SeaHusky

Quote from: ntica on April 21, 2012, 02:39:49 PM
sea Husky... There's no acces to the "quarterbeds" from the inside! some opening boxes in the well.
I see, those first boats were pretty differently laid out then the the main production ones. The doghouse looks good, and a little mean!

tomwatt

Ah, she's really pretty sitting there on her waterline. I like the doghouse look, too.
You've got a real beauty there, looks like a boat that can cross an ocean or two.
Way to go!
1977 Nordica 20 Sloop
It may be the boat I stay with for the rest of my days, unless I retire to a cruising/liveaboard life.
1979 Southcoast Seacraft 26A
Kinda up for sale.

Oldrig

Very impressive! She looks like she's ready to set sail. Nice work!
--Joe
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

SeaHusky

That's a "Jester challenge" boat! Well done!

ntica

thanks for nice comments boys! Here's another clip from "first time at sea", almost no wind, dirty main sail but... fealth great to be aboard my little ship ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGY1ry3il8w&feature=youtu.be

ntica

Quote from: ntica on April 28, 2012, 02:38:04 PM
thanks for nice comments boys! Here's another clip from "first time at sea", almost no wind, dirty main sail but... fealth great to be aboard my little ship ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGY1ry3il8w&feature=youtu.be
2 more backstays
1 inner forestay
maststeps
new set of sails (ljungstrom main, trysail and a storm jib)
Windvane
AIS..............
40 meter anchor chain. And my ocean voyager Celeste is ready for the big adventure ;D Can't hardley wait = Life is good :D

skylark

Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

ntica

some nice sailing days behinde me...and more to come.
Yesterday i sewed Windshelter to the "well" not the most prettie, but functional ;)
And I need new set of sails >:( the once I have is not sailworthy. So now I just sail with a storm Main and a storm jib...but still happy.
For now, all the best to you!!!

tomwatt

Don't suppose you've considered sewing your own sails?
I love the quote running along the topsides there... such a beautiful little ship too.
1977 Nordica 20 Sloop
It may be the boat I stay with for the rest of my days, unless I retire to a cruising/liveaboard life.
Kinda up for sale.

Chattcatdaddy

Quote from: tomwatt on May 04, 2012, 07:40:16 PM
I love the quote running along the topsides there... such a beautiful little ship too.

Nice catch... I thought it was just some design detail.
Keith
International Man of Leisure

ntica

dinner time aboard Celeste...
Begining to feel comfortable on board, and feeling happy!
fair wind friends ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGoDpL33eww

CharlieJ

Most people just turn the bacon- they don't lean the boat over quite that far to do it
;D ;D ;D ;D

I've enjoyed your videos by the way.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Chattcatdaddy

Glad to see you are getting settled.

I have been on my boat two weeks now and starting to feel comfortable. Didn`t think it would take this long, but its pretty big lifestyle change from a "normal" home.

Keith
International Man of Leisure

ntica

The hardest is thinking of my youngest, while aboard.Sometimes "Billy" call me up and is crying, and want me to come home :'( :'( it's hurting real bad.
But we're work this out too...My children knows how much i do care for them, even if I'm not at place.
the fun part: I got a new laptop ;D as a gift from my oldest son and his girlfriend (could hardley belive it) So now I can use internet when aboard, purhapse at sea? think it will need an expensive line then? No matter what...I'm pleased and feel convinsed about my comming voyage in a not very long distance.
And thank God for the sailfar forum and friends, It has kept my head above the water many times
(pic ofy oldest son Lukas,aboard Celeste)

tomwatt

Having been there (the separation), I can assure you that if you remain constant, let your children know you love and care for them, you'll all get through this. It's not easy, but life seldom is.
It's good to hear from you.
Keep on "rolling with the breakers!"
1977 Nordica 20 Sloop
Kinda up for sale.