Defenders annual warehouse sale

Started by Mr. Fixit, March 24, 2010, 02:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Fixit

Defenders sale starts tomorrow. I will be going up tomorrow or fri. If anybody needs anything checked out let me know.

CapnK

Too late! :) I have a pair of oars for the dinghy on their way down right now (lost one off the dock this winter, fixed length - getting two stowable take-aparts for replacement).

Defender is great - I ordered the oars early yesterday AM - like 6:30 early - and last night got an email shipping confirmation. Check the UPS site, and they'll be here *tomorrow* - and that was the cheapest shipping. Excellent service, & can't beat the price!

I would have more fun than my wallet could take, at a warehouse sale of theirs. ;D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Tim

Quote from: Mr. Fixit on March 24, 2010, 02:00:05 PM
Defenders sale starts tomorrow. I will be going up tomorrow or fri. If anybody needs anything checked out let me know.

It is the ONLY t  ;D me of the year I am GLAD to live so dang far away from them.
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Captain Smollett

Quote from: Tim on March 25, 2010, 10:25:03 AM

It is the ONLY tome of the year I am GLAD to live so dang far away from them.

Yes, it *IS* an awesome book...

their catalog, I mean...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Mr. Fixit

You really appreciate Defender when something goes wrong with an order. They sent a wrong item on an order, and when I called they immediately shipped out the correct item, before they received the item i returned.I had good luck with several vendors. Jackrabbit Supply was a good supplier for me however they are no longer in business. They helped me design my electric system and the things I purchased were priced very fair. Wire and shrink tubing I got from Best Boat wire. Sailcare made my halyards, and cleaned my sails. Bacon sold me excellent 2nd hand sails. All in all my rebuild project went well. I do not have a single complaint concerning vendors, all the problems I had were from my inexperience. One mistake I made was not buying everything I needed (equipment) before I started. This would have made it easier to coordinate installs of adjoining items. One item that comes to mind is a primary fuel filter--I think it is now in its third location--too soon old -too late smart--- I can think of at least 6 other items that had to be reinstalled---PPPP---the last 2 PP=prior planning!!!