News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

What's the odds?

Started by TJim, July 07, 2008, 01:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJim

I just got to tell this story... I had an appointment with my attorney Thursday and after a short discussion I walked out to the elevator where there was a very attractive young (mid 40's) lady waiting  for a ride down.  This is the conversation: Hello hows your day going? Not bad, how about you? Marvelous and wonderful just like always... She sez what are you on, I need some of it.  Well I haven't had a job in 9 years for starters, that helps.... She sez what do you do with your time.  Honey-do's and sailing, that's about it.  Sailing, as in sailboat?...... do you know what a Bristol Channel Cutter is? Right off, I'd say that's about the best small cruiser Lyle Hess ever designed.....  Ahhhhhh, you are a sailor, I used to own a BCC.  Ahhhh blue water, the "one true love of my life." So I asked her, what do you sail now?  Haven't sailed for years..  What's the problem?.... I went one way, he went the other..... with my BCC......Elevator door opens and we go down and on to the street where we spent a half hour talking and I finially invited her to my favorite watering hole, Duffy's Tavern, for a beer.  Her response was that she"d love to but had an appointment she had to keep but she like to have a rain check.  So I gave her my Sailbum card and told
her that in addition to my Triton (which she was completely familiar with) I had many friends on the GSL
who would be more than happy to take her sailing, but the best deal would be a week with me on the SFran Bay.  She was wearing a ring but that didn't seem to bother her.  Her last comment was "we'll be in touch."  How bout them apples???...you'd never figure a chance encounter like that in a law office bldg in
Salt Lake City....... What's the odds???... TJim

AdriftAtSea

good luck tjim... i'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. fate has been known to work in stranger ways than that.
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

nick

So have you heard from her!?

Lynx

Get a GREAT TAN, Quit your job, Move the boat on a waterway and tell all the girls of your plans. Get boat cards made up and hand out.

The Odds look a lot better than in out of the way places with no single girls around.
MacGregor 26M