News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Flicka 20

Started by Gus, February 02, 2009, 10:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomwatt

The Halman is very close to the same boat as the Nordica... slightly different cut to the keel, about 6" longer LOA, the Nordica is beamier by a few inches... but more or less the same.
Lovely little boats.
I have been drooling over that Halman listing too.
The Rob Roy's and Nimbles out there also seem to have nice lines.
I have to admit that I really like the lines of the double-enders/canoe sterned boats. And now being boatless (I did the good thing and made new-home arrangements for my poor little Bristol), I keep dreaming, and struggling to pin down what I want, what I expect, and what I need in a boat - all to be balanced against some future income, I'm afraid.
There is a Flicka on eBay that seems as if it might be one of the ones the OP is talking about.
1977 Nordica 20 Sloop
It may be the boat I stay with for the rest of my days, unless I retire to a cruising/liveaboard life.
1979 Southcoast Seacraft 26A
Kinda up for sale.

jdsackett

thanks for the info tom, wasnt real sure if it was or not. the one im talking about looks like a very nice one. clean in and out.

about the nimbles. there was one for sale in searchlight, maybe 70 miles or so from me. by the time i saw the listing it was already sold. good price on it and the ex owner said it was in very nice condition. i like quite a few of ted brewers boats. i read an article about a guy who sailed a nimble 20 down the mississippi, i think it was, then over to florida and was waiting for a weather window to go to the bahamas. never did get the window, so sailed it up the east coast. quite a cruise. said the boat held up very well. regards, j.d.

tomwatt

There's a Nimble 24 listed out in Arizona (sailingTexas) that just dropped the price down to a very reasonable-looking amount. Hull and topsides look a little dull, but it includes the trailer too.
Still out of my reach at the moment.
1977 Nordica 20 Sloop
It may be the boat I stay with for the rest of my days, unless I retire to a cruising/liveaboard life.
Kinda up for sale.

Oldrig

Tom:

That Arizona sun probably did a job on the gelcoat. That's probably why it looks kind of dull.

I was interested in Nimbles, too. But they're pretty scarce.

Good luck,

--Joe
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

tomwatt

Quote from: Oldrig on June 04, 2010, 12:48:31 PM
Tom:
That Arizona sun probably did a job on the gelcoat. That's probably why it looks kind of dull.
I was interested in Nimbles, too. But they're pretty scarce.
Good luck,
--Joe
That makes sense. I think this one is one of the "elite" rather than standard versions of the N24, so it would be well worth the money even if you had to spruce it up a bit. However, I'm a good ways away from having any money at this point, and will be relocating myself inland to stay with family. 2 years of near-unemployment/part-time work have done a number on me. I'll recoup, reorganize and find a boat that suits. Not sure if I want a trailer-sailer or something heavier. It may depend on what I can find, and Nordica, Halman and Nimble all seem fairly scarce.
Thanks for the well-wishes. At least it's fun to look, and I'll make contact with the local sailing club to see about doing some crewing. Maybe with more experience under my belt, I'll find myself on some othercrew lists too.
Tom
1977 Nordica 20 Sloop
Kinda up for sale.

s/v Faith

Posting a link to the Fairwinds Flicka add page for lots of pictures that might be of interest to future readers of this thread.
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.