News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Spanish Cay, Bahamas

Started by missinglink, December 20, 2010, 10:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

missinglink

I just checked in to the Bahamas at Spanish Cay Marina and it was great. New managers, former cruisers. They couldn't of been more helpful and by the end of the day we had 8 sailboats here and no one else. The Clearing in was a snap and we got 180 days. I told the lady that I wanted to stay for a year and she laughed and then told me she could give me 180 days. Just a great stay.

Frank

Good for you!!   Enjoy your tour thru
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

hearsejr

kewl deal. do you have to rent a slip there to check in?

missinglink

If you don't take a slip it costs $50 if you take a slip no charge. Off season like now is $1.50 a ft.

CharlieJ

When we checkedmin Bimini we stayed at Weeches. Cost 36 per night, 6 of which was for water usage. They had all the forms and Customs/immigration was right next door.

The Immigration lady gave us 200 days. We read it depended on where you cleared in as to how long you got. When Laura left and re-entered in Nassau, they only gave her 90 days.

Of course there is always the $150 entry fee for under 30 footers
There were no other charges
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Frank

Is Richard still working at the resterant?  40ish.. shaved head. Great cook...greater stories
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

hearsejr

I talked with a guy from customs there and said it would cost me $150 entry fee for my coronado 30..(the boats specs read 29' 11" LOA and 10.3' beam, but my titkle said 30' so I'm conflicted what to do there.)..then he said something about fishing permits and other stuff I needed to check out with someone there.
  soooo I was waiting to see what it will be when I get the engine fixed.

CharlieJ

The fishing license is part of the entry fee. You just tell them you want it. Also tell them if you have a pole spear or hawaian sling- that's included also IF you tell them. Spear guns are illegal.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

hearsejr

kewl deal...he didn't tell me that. he said I'd have to apply for (so&so) ect, then made it sound like I had buy a fishing permit ..thanks.

s/v Faith

Spanish Cay is still hanging in there, but man is it slow!  They still have a staff in the marina, but I don't see how.  There were 3 of us there last week, and even with their charging for everything I don't see how they are staying open.

My sailfar stickers were still there from last time.  ;D
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.