I recently purshased a 1981 Voyager 26
Located on Lake Champlain

I have a 1966 Pearson Commander as well. Its for sale

Let me know if I should post jpegs and specs for the Voyager

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Iceman

CapnK

Ice -

Please do post some pics and specs, and whatever else you can come up with. :) That Voyager is one *fine* looking vessel! I know you are proud of her. I especially like the picture of her under sail, main jib and stays'l drawing like mad - what a shot!

Welcome aboard!
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Iceman

Iceman

Iceman

CapnK! I think Im on to this!

Ice

Iceman

oded kishony

Iceman, that is one great looking boat. Whatis the lod? lwl? displacement? or is there a website for Voyager?

oded kishony

Iceman

I will scan the boat specs this week then post info for all to see
Cant wait till spring time ;D

Bill NH

Calling all Voyager 26 owners and wannabees,
Just wanted to publicize a new Voyager 26 Owners Group...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Voyager26/

Thanks,
Bill
125' schooner "Spirit of Massachusetts" and others...

s/v Faith

From the link;

QuoteDescription

A group for Voyager 26 sailboat owners, sailors and dreamers... Share information about Voyager 26 maintenance & repair, cruising in Voyager 26s, boats for sale & wanted or any other topic relating to Voyager 26 sailboats...

Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

s/v Faith

Every once an a while you walk into a marina and start to look around.

Some boats catch your eye, and others that you recognize do not get even a second glance.

In a matter of moments the marina (or boat yard) had been cut down to few hulls that draw you.  Maybe it is even some old S&S basketcase that you know will not come back, but deserves your respect none the less.  Funny, for me the "perfect" Swan does not make that list, nor do a lot of other 'high end' boats.  Someone pulled out a check book.... ok.  I applaud their taste, but they don't connect to me that way.

While in the Marina in St. Pete, My eye was immediately caught and held by a smallish but very salty little double ender.

s/v Walkabout;

Speaking to Phil, he bought the hull in 1982, and the deck shortly there after.  He and his wife Aggie are both some of the kindest people you will ever meet.  Always offering encouragement, and a hand.

This is a quote from their card;
Quote"Ideals are like stars... you will not succeed in touching the.  But like the seafaring man, you choose them as your guides and following them you will reach your destiny."

They have following the dream of making a wonderful little ship that will take them anywhere they want to go.  

She is sized just about perfectly for a couple.  The bowsprit does not make some unwieldy appendage, but ballences not only the sail plan but the overall look of the boat.  The care that went into every detail of this ship shows The plans they had for her.

The details like the external chainplates hint at the massive strength of the rig.  The bronze opening ports are from the producer of the NorSea27, good solid parts to keep the water out.

The cabin top gives ample room below, without denying the opportunity to walk forward on the decks without falling over the side.

The cockpit is cozy, but plenty large for a couple to lounge in the tropics.  Among the purposes the boomkin serves is that  it keeps the rudder from going hard over.  It also gives a great place to attach a small tiller pilot... but Phil says none is needed as the boat will balance and sail so well without one.

The boat has a 'presence' on the water, and you can tell why once you look into it.  Phil made no compromises in the integrity of the hull.  Every buklhead is tabbed solid, the deck to hull joint it made fast so well you can not distinguish one from the other.  THe deck is solid, but reinforcement has been added EVERYEHERE.

It is tough to tell from these shots, but the interior is perfect.  The furring strips used to align the cabin liner must be perfectly aligned.  The screws are all in perfect rows... each locker is EXACTLY the right size to hold all that Phil and Aggie need.... and they know.  THey have been to the Bahamas multiple times.  They adhear to KISS, with individual water tanks, minimum electronics, handheld GPS, and kerosene lamps in the boat.

The picture perfect Yanmar 1qm10 sits in an open and accessable space with good access from all sides.  Phil laid up the mother of all floor hatches in the soul of the cockpit.  It fastens down, and allows no leaks.  Amazing work.

I nearly forgot the mounts shown above for the windvane....

Everything in it's place, and a place for everything..... beautiful work on this ship.

Of course such a fine ship simply could not do with anything less then the perfect dingy (no, it is not a white hull, but a similar 'one off' design).  It rows very very nicely.

SO, if anyone see Phil and Aggie 'out there' make sure to say hello.  They are super nice folks, and I have heard that Aggie is a master canner... who makes canned chicken and steak that will melt in your mouth.  ;D  I believe they stow something like 135 cans of home canned goodies aboard when they cruise.   ;D :D ;) ;D :D

evantica

Nice good looking boats!!!

Oldrig

Presence indeed!

That little boat is a heart-stealer, if ever I've seen one.

The details are so fine--the hatch to provide access to the little Yanmar, the boomkin, etc.

She reminds me a bit of the Pacific Seacraft 25, and a bit like the Morris Frances 26.

Anyway, thanks for posting. It's always nice to see a lovely boat.

Best,

--Joe
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

s/v Faith

Just spoke with a Sailor on the SailingPensacola Site, with a Voyager 26, is there another here who have not yet posted to this thread?