News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

My bonehead move

Started by Adam, January 19, 2006, 02:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

I was sailing with an elderly man, and we were anchored in Miami waiting for a weather window for about 3 weeks.

Anyway, I had the vee-berth in the bow, he had the aft cabin.

So one night, I'm sweating and snoozing, no clothes because he hated for me to leave the hatch open to get a cool breeze through the boat. I needed to get up and take a leak. This was about 3am.

Thinking myself a smooth ninja, I opened the hatch, put my hands on each side of the hatch, leapt up and landed on the foredeck, the master of slickness.

Unfortunately, my left foot landed right on the backup danforth anchor, lashed down on the deck. Since this hurt a lot, I picked up my left foot, which wasn't the smartest thing, because my right foot was not in a position to help me balance upright... so I only had one option left, I went in the water.

Freezing and sputtering, I swim to the ladder at the stern of the boat and climb back up on board. Just as I get fully on deck, the companionway doors (Coronado 35 c/c) slam open, and I get 2,000,000 candlepower of light and a .45 semi-auto shoved into my face.

My captain takes on look at me and says "You know, if you had a date, you could have used the dinghy"... then he goes back to bed...

I finally shop shaking enough to make it back to the hatch and climb back in my bunk, but I couldn't go back to sleep...

I still wonder what kind of stuff his sons pulled when they were sailing that he would respond that way to me climbing back aboard, soaking wet, naked, in the middle of the night...

He never even mentioned it again... I'm hoping he thought it was just a nightmare.

;D

Zen

https://zensekai2japan.wordpress.com/
Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club

sailfarther

::) :D Good one Adam. You need to send that one to a magazine...
It conjures up some hilarious visuals!

Pixie Dust

Connie
s/v Pixie Dust
Com-pac 27/2

CapnK

http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

captedteach

I can see that - esp since I know who the elderly man was - What ever happened to him?
Hold my beer and watch this poop

CaptTeach