Main Menu

mini Abaco cruise

Started by Frank, April 12, 2011, 11:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Left Green Turtle on Jubilee late for a short sail to Manjack
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Frank

Had an awesome beam reach the next day to Allan'sPensacola in the company of a single hander from Nova Scotia on a Shucker 43

Frank

After anchoring at AP...a local and his son came over in their skiff to invite everyone to his birthday party on the beach. They had a little fish camp set up with old boards and tarps. We ate trigger fish and rock lobster. A great night with good food and company along with an awesome sunset

Frank

Frank

Made some new friends and chatted with old ones.The couple wearing full brimmed hats are Canadian and live on their boat full time. They are regulars here and she was actually born in the same hospital as I was. Its a small world out there!

Frank

Unplanned is always better. Cruisers do make their own fun

Frank

Next morning there was a visiter

Frank

Took a walk to the ocean side and checked out the signing tree. It was 'full moon' and a rare extreme one. The back end of the bay was nearly dry at low tide

Frank

Headed off towards Great Sale Cay with a fast broad reach in strong winds. FUN sail

Frank

Made much better time than expected, so fell off a bit and I kept sailing on to Mangrove Cay wing on wing

Frank

Made Mangrove before dusk and had the anchor down and settled in before another great sunset. Cruisers do make there own fun. I was just sorting out below when a knock knock on the hull brought me up. The boat beside was offering munchies and sundowners to view the sunsetr in their cockpit. Turns out I shot pool with the lad weeks before watching Super Bowl at a bar on Green Turtle. (small world again)

Frank

I left early the next morning to make high tide on the cut from the banks to the West End. Sunrise's are as beautiful as sunsets

Frank

Left the West End at 4am for the crossing. The forecast was great and thankfully...accurate. Sunrise on the ocean is awesome

Chattcatdaddy

Looks like an awful time is being had by all! ;D
Keith
International Man of Leisure

Frank

Made Lake Worth with lots of light left. On down to Ft Lauderdale the next day...a saturday. DO NOT GO TO THIS EREA ON WEEKENDS!!! Way too busy and too many dumb boaters! Tied up in Lauderdale just in time for the sunset

Frank

I hopped outside from West Palm to Ft Lauderdale and then down past Miami into Biscayne Bay. I'll take wind/waves any day over busy boat traffic and bridges

Frank

Was great to get back out cruising a bit after building the cottage. Truly missing it. Hope to see a gang from here in the Abacos next year.

CharlieJ

Lol-YEARS ago I did Lake Worth to Coconut Grove on the ICW. Swore I'd never do it again!!!  L and I did Miami to Lake Worth on theoutside!

Sounds like a good trip Frank.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

s/v Faith

Quote from: Frank on April 12, 2011, 11:46:59 AM
Had an awesome beam reach the next day to Allan'sPensacola in the company of a single hander from Nova Scotia on a Shucker 43

Frank,

Was this the one that is now tied up in the mangroves behind Manjack?
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Frank

Nope...that one is Bill's. It seems far....but that dock is only a very short walk behind his house!!