News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Aries windvane

Started by matt195583, December 22, 2011, 03:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt195583

Over the last year I have often looked on the internet at new windvanes even though they were well out of my budget. Looking at new ones would more often than not lead to looking for second hand ones which were always located in the USA or the UK and still quite expensive.
   So you can well imagine my excitement 3 days ago when after looking at all the brand new really expensive vanes and reading the reviews/posts  on sailfar and other forums for the upteenth time I thought to my self why not give looking for a second hand one another go. Well I am sure it was meant to be. Within about 20 minutes I had found an Aries vane for sale , in Australia and only 550 kilometers from my marina for $1900.  You might think "meant to be" its 550 kilometers away but heres the thing.
   The town in which the vane was for sale is Port Maquarrie the very same town that me and my family travel to nearly every christmas to my aunt and uncles place, In fact the very same town that we were traveling to THE VERY NEXT DAY  ;D .
       notice how I say was for sale , I now own a complete, in good condition Aries windvane complete with the wheel drum and my bank balance is only $1700 lighter...........Merry Christmas to me

Oldrig

Merry Christmas, Mate!

I guess Santa really doesn't need snow after all.
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

CharlieJ

Santa? Snow? does not compute!!! Not here in South Texas at least. 8)

Well, we DID have a white Christmas some years ago.. A foot fell on Christmas eve. :o :o

First measurable snow in 105 years.

Snow is a four letter word!!!

Snow SUX!!! :D :D
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

matt195583

I am with Charlie on this one snow does suck .
winter for me is the odd low of about 7-8 degrees C

ntica

Congrats Matt... Aries is the real thing. I frequently talk to Peter in denmark, The manufactorer of Aries today. It's a strong windvane and will not bend or be damage of breaking waves etc.

Merry christmas

Oldrig

Quote from: CharlieJ on December 22, 2011, 10:08:31 PM
Santa? Snow? does not compute!!!
Snow SUX!!! :D :D

Actually, Charlie, winter in New England is especially bleak when we have no snow (no skiing).

And that's what we've got right now :-[

Merry Christmas and God Jul

--Joe
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627