Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Blog (s)

Started by Zen, January 16, 2012, 12:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zen

Greetings,

I am "friends" with Lin Pardey on Facebook. Some may recall I met them a couple of years ago. She posted a link to a blog she likes about a couple from Canada cruising on a 24ft sailboat. The boat is currently in Mexico.

karenandjimsexcellentadventure.blogspot.com

Fair Winds

https://zensekai2japan.wordpress.com/
Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club

Oldrig

Zen,

Thanks for the link.

The Dana 24 is a lovely boat, and this is a great blog!

--Joe
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

Zen

Another interesting small yacht blog. South Africa to Japan

http://www.bosunbird.com
https://zensekai2japan.wordpress.com/
Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club

Cruise

I have been writing newsletters and mailing them to my friends and family for years. I used to call it "Sloop Talk", but when I bought my Allied ketch in June I obviously couldn't keep the name, so now my newsletter is called, "The Rogue Wave; the amazing adventures of the good ship 'Saga' and her predictably unpredictable master, Captain Keith".
Well my brother bought this computer and has been bugging me to start a blog, so I finally did it. I ha\ve only spent one night working on my blog, but I think I have a good start. I've been living aboard small boats for the better part of 20 years (I'm 43 now), and I have lots of writing that I am going to aded to my blog, as well as copies of my newsletter. I know it's not much yet, but I'll be working on her a lot the next few months. I would really appreciate any honest feedback, even criticism.
  I appreciate it y'all.  Keith
    www.carolinakeith.wordpress.com
Cruising aboard S/V Saga
1962 Allied Seawind 30' Ketch, hull # 16
www.CarolinaKeith.com

Rest in Peace, Keith
link to Keith's Memorial thread.

Captain Smollett

Keith,

Nice job.

I recognize that picture!   ;D

One thing, though.  You might want to hide that you have a time machine and change the date shown that you purchased Saga.  Time machines are meant to be kept Top Secret.

;D ;D
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Cruise

Thanks Captain S. It took me a minute to realize what you meant about the time machine, but I got it, and fixed it  ;D
And yes. that is a very nice picture. Thanks, it's hard for me to get a picture of my boat with her dinghy astern of her.
Cruising aboard S/V Saga
1962 Allied Seawind 30' Ketch, hull # 16
www.CarolinaKeith.com

Rest in Peace, Keith
link to Keith's Memorial thread.

Rick Westlake

Well ... yeah; I'm blogging too, but not solely about boats.  ::)

Beyond The Sunset is more political than practical. "Solo sailing" is just as much a metaphor for "MGTOW", or "Men Going Their Own Way," as it is a declaration of my own intent to sail away ... solo.

Yes, I know there are ladies on SailFar, who have accomplished more than I have (so far). But I believe you'll agree that any accomplishments I manage, on my own, don't detract in the least from your accomplishments!

The ocean doesn't give a rat's ass whether you're concave down there or convex. The only real concern is - "Did you get there?" When you set the hook, it doesn't really matter whether you're Joshua Slocum (Spray, 1898) or Jessica Watson (Pink Lady, 2010); what matters is that you avoided the "squall season" or handled the squalls you were dealt; what matters is you got to your current anchorage safely, and you're anchored safely and strongly enough that your boat won't drag in the next "good blow."