News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Cruising on Miss Froggy

Started by CharlieJ, April 05, 2012, 09:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieJ

Heard from GrimE a while ago. Heading homeward. Tonight in a little park/launch area just off the Achafalaya River where the ICW leaves the Achafalaya, just south of Morgan City. Tied to a dock in 4 feet of water, and VERY much happier than in Morgan City proper.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Jim_ME

Interesting to read your log from this area. Sorry to hear that your visit to the Tabasco plant wasn't so hot.  ;) Good to learn about another place to avoid.

One of my oldest friends (originally from Southern Maine) worked as a pilot [and manager] at the helicopter base in Houma, and more recently moved to the base in Morgan City. We've talked a few times about the ICW route passing through these areas. He is retiring from flying after 30 years, and I was hoping that he would develop an interest in sailing (as quite a few pilots seem to), but my encouragement in this doesn't seem to be having much effect.  :(  He has invited me to come visit, and since he's back in Lafayette, I am eager to take in some of the Cajun music (and food) there that I have heard so much about.

Fair winds, David and Lisa.