Lake Champlain cruise. "fresh water and friends"

Started by Frank, July 12, 2012, 09:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Rick and I have trailersailed to many places over the last 7 or 8 years. We've sailed the saltwater on Chesapeake Bay and Buzzards Bay. We've twice now sailed the fresh waters of Moosehead lake, the North channel and Lake Champlain. All were beautiful but it truly is hard to beat washing your dishs and yourself by dipping a pale overboard from a small boat in fresh water. The scenary was great last week. Lake Champlain is huge with multiple bays and islands....all surrounded by low mountains. it was sunny with good wind.....throw in both good conversations and a good book.....it doesn't get much better. A little beer and wine helped too  ;D
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Frank

Frank

Frank

Frank

Frank

picture taken @ 5:20 am   ;D

Bill W

Thanks for the tour Frank. We were on Lake Champlain in Sept 2009 for a week. Really enjoyed it. Time to go back.

Makin' Time
Montgomery 17
Ontario

Jim_ME

Beautiful photos. Last time I was there was the fall of 2000. Good to see images of the area again. Am looking forward to getting back there, too.

Fair winds.

Frank

Bill....looks like we did a very similar cruise to your 09 tour. We were 1st there 5yrs back and sailed more of the southern end. Nice lake!!

Frank