News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Suncat "dress up"

Started by Frank, August 02, 2012, 10:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

CJ just pointed out that its been quiet for several days. Well...thought I might start things going a bit by sharing that I just finished staining and varnishing the interior wood on my lil suncat. The cielings come in a light coloured plywood with light strips on the interior steps. Put a nice walnut stain on it and satin varnish....WOW. Sure makes the lil interior look "yachty"  ;D  Sanded-varnished the sole and Cetol'd the drop boards and tiller while I was at it..it's been 3yrs and they weren't too bad but I was in that mode so kept going. I'll take a pic tomorrow when I put the cushions back in.
Anybody else doing any "maintainance" projects?
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Tim

Well.... I am pulling the Potter 19 out of semi retirement (been having too much fun with the Typhoon) to do a cruise up north in Sept. The Ariel is still not ready to go up there yet, but I HAVE to. ;D

I will spend a few days at a Small Boat Academy in Port Townsend, then Mary will fly up and meet me to travel one again to British Columbia and Desolation Sound.  This year we have a planned destination of the Octopus Islands Marine Park.

Fortunately there is little to do with the Potter except clean, a little varnish and charge up the battery.
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Frank

Tim...that sounds like a wonderful trip!! I've had the pleasure of seeing that area on a friends trawler....all the while thinking "small boat".  TAKE PICTURES!!!  ;-)

Frank

Frank

Frank

amazing what a lil stain n varnish does. Re did the tiller and drop boards while I was at it. Kinda like when you clean your car...sure feels nice after.