News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Uniden MHS350 Handheld VHS

Started by Captain Smollett, March 15, 2006, 07:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Smollett

I'm thinking about buying a handheld VHS and am eyeballing the Uniden MHS350.  Does anyone have pro/con experience with this model?

I'm also considering the Uniden Mystic Combined Handheld GPS & VHS.  I like the idea of one piece of gear to do both.  The GPS is 'mapping' and has 32 MB memory.  The nautical chart CD is a bit pricey, though (I'm not really into electronic charting on board and would not spend the money on a mapping GPS, but the combined VHS/GPS nature of this model is intriguing).  (Note also that this listing on Boatersland.com is OVER $100 cheaper than WM :o )

Which models Handheld VHS and/or GPS come recommended by the SailFar crew?
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

s/v Faith

Avoid the west marine 100.  I can post the exact model number later if you need it.

It is a good unit.... except that the scan function breaks up recieve on whatever channel you are on whenever it scans....

your con....ns sound l....ke  this.  If ..u try to li...n to someo.... it cuts o... ever.  .ouple second..    ::)
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.