News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Gardens of Fenwick

Started by BobW, November 15, 2012, 10:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobW

Gardens of Fenwick (a John Welsford Pathfinder) marked a milestone today: the whiskey plank (for the record, it was the aft section of the starboard sheer plank) was installed.  We celebrated with a toast of Jack Daniels.

"...a ship is far from finished once the whiskey plank has been installed..."

Isn't that the truth?! Sealing, fairing and sanding the hull; fitting out the interior and outfitting - quite a lot left to do. But for tonight I will enjoy the moment.

Bob Wessel
Fenwick, MI
Building Gardens of Fenwick, a Welsford Pathfinder
Karen Ann, a Storer Goat Island Skiff

CharlieJ

Congrats my friend- big milestone. I KNOW about the lot left to do, but DO enjoy the moment.

First pics I've seen- looks like really nice work from here Bob.

But that is NOT a Goat island Skiff in the back ground :D Looks very catboat-ish to me
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Tim

Wow Bob, you have been busy and I haven't been paying attention (relying to much on FB)

Looking so good! Wish I could come over and look at it ;) but I would probably drool on it.  :)
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

BobW

Thanks, Charlie.  Yep, lots of work to do but getting the planking done is a big step.  The Goat is resting comfortably in the barn at Jan's.  The other boat in the photo is my sister/BIL's Compac PicNic Cat, WildCat.

Tim, hey, the epoxy will protect Gardens from drool or whatever!  Come on over but bundle up - it's getting cold!  When are you gonna build a Pathfinder?
Bob Wessel
Fenwick, MI

Tim

QuoteWhen are you gonna build a Pathfinder?

Well you know it actually looks like the Ariel will be done this spring and that is the only think keeping from getting a set of plans.
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

BobW

Order the plans now so you have something read in the evenings after working on the Ariel!
Bob Wessel
Fenwick, MI

Captain Smollett

Looking great, Bob. Thanks for the update. Good to see you back around, too.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

CapnK

That's more than a few steps up in complexity from the GIS, but the work looks excellent, Bob!
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)