News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

What draft is your boat?

Started by Captain Smollett, April 13, 2007, 01:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim

Sweeeet!  Grog for having such good taste  :)
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

John Bailey

Quote from: Bill W on October 23, 2012, 10:53:14 PM
Oh wow! John that is a pretty looking boat. Were many built as a ketch?

Bill

There were many built that modified the original Herreshoff plans.  In most cases a dog house was added to increase headroom.  To my knowledge, a few these may have been built with either cutter or sloop rigs.  However, most were built with the designed ketch rig.  It sails like a dream with this rig.

John

marujo_sortudo

5' and haven't noticed much change in the waterline even though fully loaded for cruising.  Recently anchored in about 3'9" MLLW outside of Mystic, CT.  The keel makes a heck of an anchor.  Learned that my depth sounder and my sounding pole have some disagreement about just how far down it is until you find the soft mud bottom there.  Hard to beat a Mark I Stick in shallow water.

Mario G

4'2" for Samara and hasn't seem to drop even thou we have everything we have to be liveaboards. Our depth finder is set up to read 2.5 feet less so we stay in 6' plus water, has worked out great so far.

gpdno

My Watkins 27 draws 3'-8"  Not sure if I would ever want to go deeper the 4' living on the West Coast of Florida.
Gregory
s/v Family Time
Watkins 27
Venice, FL

matt195583

:o my UFO34 draws 2 meters, I think its 80 inches...... I just done a 4 month cruise and had occasion to wish it was less.

Piraten

Irwin 28. 3'0" so says the specs.  I can hit a sandbar within a mile at that, even if the charts say the evil bar is in 20' deep.  Board down I think is 7'.
If it floats, it's a boat.  If it sinks, it's a reef
S/V Obsidian
1976 Irwin 28