News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Coastal crew resources?

Started by Bonzai, May 06, 2013, 11:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonzai

I am looking for ideas/advice on how to locate good crew for coastal trips this summer. I intend to be able to single hand my boat but want 1 or 2 crew for the first season, figure I'll do less damage that way while I am learning  ;D . Thanks!

Godot

I've never done the crew thing myself; but I know of offshore passage opportunities (http://sailopo.com) is a crew matching service. Their name suggests that they kind of specialize in the offshore stuff; but they may be a resource. There are others, too.

Or you can just post in the "crew wanted" sections of the various web forums.

As to making them "good crew;" well, I haven't a clue.
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

Bonzai

Thanks Godot, will look at that site. I intend to be mostly a solo sailor. James and Mei from atomvoyages.com are helping me configure and repair boat systems. I hope to also mine his extensive solo sail knowledge before he gets away. Hope to be spending a good bit of time on boat now that I am semi-officially semi-retired from my work ;D. Practice, practice, practice. Wanting another to help crew to enable longer runs, help with docking/anchoring etc. Going to stick to East Coast and Bahamas for first year out.