News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

My Boat Is Famous!

Started by Travelnik, May 12, 2013, 06:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travelnik

OK, well maybe not famous in the sense that Seraffyn, Wanderer, or Titanic are.

But at least good enough to have her picture stolen on the internet!

As some of you know, I need to get a boom for my boat since the original was missing when I got the boat back.
So, I went to the Sailrite site last night, double checking the main sail foot size in order to know what length boom I need to find. I looked at the specs for the Westerly Nomad, and decided to see if the Westerly 22 (the Nomad's predecessor) was the same.

When I went to the page, I saw this:
http://www.sailritesails.com/ShowAd.aspx?id=5008&sourceid=0

They had the same picture on the left side of the page as in my avatar!

My boat was nice looking enough that they stole my picture for their site! I mean, I know she's pretty (or was when the picture was taken), but I didn't think anyone would steal the photo!  ;D

Maybe I can get her picture in Good Old Boat once she's restored. Who knows?
I'm Dean, and my boat is a 1969 Westerly Nomad. We're in East Texas (Tyler) for now.

boblamb

So is mine!

While waiting on an order of hot dogs at Caladesi Island, FL., I was browsing the postcard rack.  What to my surprise was a sunset scene of our area with a good looking little sloop sailing in the sunset.  A closer look and I concluded it was my little ship (she's one-of-a-kind you know).  I bought several for the family.

Now, how do we go about getting some "royalties" from these uses???  I'm not going to hold my breath   :-\

Bob

boblamb     still..."Blest B'yond B'lief"