News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Meet my new Mistress guys

Started by Headcase, October 05, 2013, 07:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headcase

No not an Allied Mistress sweet as that would be. She's a 1977 Bristol 24. The port bulkhead is gone. The third of it next to the hull is so rotted out it crumbles away from the tabbing. So plans for replacement are underway. The forward hatch is a decent, probably one-off, poorly installed fiberglass hatch. Home depot screws, and no backing. There is a spot on the Starboard bow where somebody removed something and put a patch on. The patch isn't bad but the epoxy on top of it is coming off. Don't think I'll even need an angle grinder to get down to good stuff so I can set it straight. Needs a bottom job anyway. It's got a fairly new Schaeffer Roller furler. The wire at the mast head is wonky THe strands are good, but they are loose from each other midways between the fittings. I would prefer a hank-on anyway. And the project list is only beginning. Can not wait for spring! Gotta get back to work Monday to make enough to set the old girl up and get her keel wet.

The photos are on my skydrive thing. If you have any problems getting a gander let me know.
http://sdrv.ms/15UaKkj
If I knew what I was doing, where would the fun be?

Godot

Only two exterior photos are available of what I assume is a thru hull.

The clickable part of the URL seems to be not complete. Try...

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CBF4692BCA6E5343!167&v=3
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

Headcase

Yep, only the sink drain is a true thru hull. the other is the knot meter wheel thing. It limits my current options for bodily waste storage. But I am thinking that the simplest way to go is to build a composting head. I can build it to fit the space I have, and it is going to be less time consuming than completely re-installing a marine head with all the trimmings. The portacrapper that was there when I bought it is history, and shall remain that way.

I will see about trying to fix the link, but my knowledge of computer things has been waning since the death of windows 98. Thanks for the save Godot.
If I knew what I was doing, where would the fun be?