You *can* get there from here...

Started by CapnK, December 20, 2005, 10:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s/v Faith

Quote from: Travelnik on December 13, 2013, 12:25:58 PM
Thanks for bumping this Craig. I really needed to read it right now.  :)

Thanks, but 'tis our good CaptK who deserves the thanks.
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Travelnik

Quote from: s/v Faith on December 13, 2013, 12:38:21 PM
Quote from: Travelnik on December 13, 2013, 12:25:58 PM
Thanks for bumping this Craig. I really needed to read it right now.  :)

Thanks, but 'tis our good CaptK who deserves the thanks.

Thanks for the original post CaptK - it is very inspiring to us all!
I'm Dean, and my boat is a 1969 Westerly Nomad. We're in East Texas (Tyler) for now.

CharlieJ

Yep- on re reading- what changes have happened in my life!! I was 65 when I wrote that- now 72, looking at 73 next month.

Did make it out cruising, for quite a while in fact and quite a few miles. Loved it.. Started as a couple, and wound up single hand. Still not sure what happened, but it did.

Gave Tehani away, bought her back, repaired damages, and she sits in her slip waiting. Hopefully gonna make it out for at least a short sail this Tuesday.

Now hoping to re enter the world of cruising this next spring. Don't know where as yet, but hopefully, going
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Frank

Lots of changes for all of us since you 1st posted that. Life's like that at times CJ..."not sure what happen'd...but it did"....I'm sure most have felt that at one time or another. Keep a sence of humour. Ya got your fine boat back. Enjoy your sail on tuesday. I truly hope that we meet up "somewhere" along the way. Have fun!!!
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Godot

"not sure what happen'd...but it did"

I can certainly relate.

My plans had me out sailing some time ago. Taking far longer to put those plans into practice than I had originally dreamed. Making real progress, though.
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

skylark

This path led me from preparing to cruise, to being a harbormaster, eventually hoping to escape and become a cruiser.

Not a bad path, just not the planned trajectory.
Paul

Southern Lake Michigan