Question for Duckworks garden sprayer users please!

Started by magentawave, November 18, 2013, 06:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magentawave

Lots of sailors seem to love their black Duckworks garden sprayer for showering and cleaning stuff so here's my question...

Have any of you frequent users of the Duckworks sprayer broke the plastic shaft that goes down inside the tank broke that shaft in two just from the pumping action used to pressurize the tank?

Thanks.

Tim

I have had mine for 5 or 6 years and though I wouldn't say it has been used frequently, I have not had that problem.
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

CharlieJ

Quote from: magentawave on November 18, 2013, 06:04:48 PM
Lots of sailors seem to love their black Duckworks garden sprayer for showering and cleaning stuff so here's my question...

Have any of you frequent users of the Duckworks sprayer broke the plastic shaft that goes down inside the tank broke that shaft in two just from the pumping action used to pressurize the tank?

Thanks.

I'm on my second one- sold first with Necessity. The one on Tehani has been on board for about 3 or 4 years- lives in the cockpit -full  time- zero trouble.

I have forwarded the link to this to Chuck of Duckworks
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

CharlieJ

Quote from: CharlieJ on November 18, 2013, 07:55:46 PM
Quote from: magentawave on November 18, 2013, 06:04:48 PM

Thanks.

I'm on my second one- sold first with Necessity. The one on Tehani has been on board for about 3 or 4 years- lives in the cockpit -full  time- zero trouble.

I have forwarded the link to this to Chuck of Duckworks

Just got this email from Chuck-

Charlie:

I have been trying ever since your email to log into that forum but have been unable to in spite of registering and talking back and forth with the administrators for many emails. Do you mind posting this link there:

http://www.duckworksbbs.com/gear/shower/index.htm

on that page we sell spare parts including the parts that go into the tank (I?m assuming he means the pump).

Thanks,

Chuck
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera