Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Meridian in NJ

Started by okawbow, September 23, 2013, 08:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbdfa15

let's try this:

dammit! It's right side up on the desktop!
If at first you don't succeed, you should consider resigning from the bomb squad.

Porter Wayfare

Try saving it in the right side up position.  And then reload that newly saved file to your post.
a wooden Wayfarer,  Solje  W1321

I can't watch the sea for a long time or what's happening on land doesn't interest me anymore.  -Monica Vitti

gbdfa15

I've done that twice. It appears on my screen right-side up. When I upload it, it comes out upside down.
If at first you don't succeed, you should consider resigning from the bomb squad.

CharlieJ

Shows as a PNG image. Won't let me do anything with it for you. try resaving as a .JPG
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

rorik

Are you south of the equator?  ;D
Alice has escaped....... on the Bandersnatch....... with.. the Vorpal sword....

gbdfa15

Hm. My computer is telling me it's a jpg.

On the other hand, that might explain the mast step on the keel...

mike_kelly

CharlieJ

Boy does THAT look familiar!! Looks just like Tehani when I got her, except she didn't have ports or pulpits installed.

Is that an aluminum mast?
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

gbdfa15

Wooden mast. There is a boom, but I don't know if it's the right one. I haven't yet measured it. It seems light for the boom. There appears to be a spinnaker pole as well, also wood.

The boom has been out in the weather these last 7 years. Looks to be some partial delamination at the seams. I'll worry about that later, getting the deck sealed and repaired is my first task.

gbdfa15

Correction: In previous post, it's the MAST that's been out in the weather.

Got the boat cleaned out, most of the plywood pieces where they belong. Removed the starboard chain plates, and of course, the bulkhead is wet and funky. Add that to the list.

Gearing up to spend a hellish day doing nothing but grinding, prepping for taping and other repairs. Spend one day in the HazMat suit, burn the clothing at the end of the day, and hopefully only one day of fiberglass itch.

I'm looking into repairing the decks with Coosa. Anybody have any experience with it? I figure it's not affected by water, light and strong, and a good choice for repairing spongy decking, especially from underneath.

Any suggestions about reattaching the chainplates? How do you get the 90 degree bend?

Have a good weekend, all.

CharlieJ

I moved the chain plates to the sides of the hull. I've repaired too many customer boats  (and Tehani) from rotten core sat the chains. Put them just aft the bulkhead, with solid backing plates inside.

Can see them in this pic

Sent you an email about rebuild pics a while ago.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

gbdfa15

Well, I finally saw the boat that started this thread. And yes, I'm buying it. The original picture makes it look much newer than it is, but it's in pretty decent shape overall.

It was especially cool to see what my original boat is supposed to look like when finished. Now I know where all the  bronze and stainless bits go. And this one is pretty damned complete!

The mast does have some funky repairs, and looks like it will need a lot of attention. But there is only one really soft spot on the deck, and a crack in the transom that needs proper repair, and some minor tabbing that needs doing.

I got it covered up with tarps so it won't spend another winter in the weather. Maybe come March I'll be able to put some more time into getting her ready. But she won't be neglected.