News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Aleutka 26

Started by w00dy, November 26, 2012, 07:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w00dy

Just a heads up for anyone looking for a sweet pocket cruiser.....

"Further", a well put together Aleutka 26 is for sale. I once owned her and cruised the Gulf and Florida Keys before selling her to a young couple in Fort Myers, FL. She is once again for sale, and while I don't know the particulars, I think she has simply been tied up there for the last two years since I delivered her.

Here's the craigslist ad, which is more or less the same one I posted when I sold her: http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/boa/3402015833.html

If you're interested and have questions, let me know!

CapnK

How did that Tiny Tot stove work out for heating the boat? Did you ever use it much for doing so? I am intrigued by the small wood/coal burners, but the prices for the things are *crazy*... and I don't know anyone around here who has one installed where I could check out the efficacy of one for my boat.

Not that I want to go where one is needed a whole lot...  ;) But if I do, I know I will! :D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

CharlieJ

Oh man James- those two docks look familiar. The first, with you standing there, is Houma Louisiana. And I know I've been on the second, but can't place it-where is that?
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

w00dy

We never got around to installing her aboard, Capn K. I looked into the cost of buying the fittings needed to do a proper install and decided to put it off until I had more spending money and go sailing in the meantime. One bronze through deck fitting goes for almost as much as a stove! I did fire the little bugger up on our patio one time though, and she drew nicely, putting out decent heat without turning red hot. If we didn't already have a propane heater aboard, I'd consider looking for another one of those stoves.

Charlie J. You have been to that dock many times, I warrant. That there is the Army hole  ;)

CharlieJ

OH yes. I KNEW it looked familiar, just could not place it.

Here's Necessity there, some years ago

See ya later today James
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

tholepin

Had a Fatsco Tiny Tot coal stove installed in my Sailstar Corsair 24. Back then wasn't expensive. SS shield to protect bulkhead, water collar for 3" SS stove pipe through deck. A monel Concordia style Charlie Nobel for great draft in all winds.

I filled doubled sandwich bags with coal and secured them with twine, stowed in the locker below. Used stove for dry heat cruising down East for years. Now I head south, so I'm into no-see-um screens instead.

Best wishes,  Tholepin