Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Aberg 30 in Port Arthur, TX

Started by Captain Smollett, April 15, 2014, 12:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Smollett

Charlie (and anyone else),

Are you familiar with an Alberg 30 named Altair in Port Arthur, TX?

That boat circumnavigated in 1975-1978 (making it pre-Gelinas!), which is pretty cool.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

CharlieJ

Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Cyric30

Hay Capn. Smollett
i know you wanted Charlies first hand knowleadge, and you may have found this as well, but i thought i might post it just in case.

http://bluewaterboats.org/alberg-30/

scroll down to the 4th comment in that section and there is a comment that might help you some way...

hope this might help you.

Quote from: Captain Smollett on April 15, 2014, 12:01:36 PM
Charlie (and anyone else),

Are you familiar with an Alberg 30 named Altair in Port Arthur, TX?

That boat circumnavigated in 1975-1978 (making it pre-Gelinas!), which is pretty cool.

Captain Smollett

Quote from: Cyric30 on April 15, 2014, 12:31:48 PM

Hay Capn. Smollett
i know you wanted Charlies first hand knowleadge,

The only reason I mentioned CJ by name was because I knew he had seen an Alberg 30 in his marina as well as the possibility of seeing this boat around the general AO.

I just thought the idea romantic of there sitting an A-30, passed often but otherwise not thought about much, that had "sailed far."

;)
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Cyric30

Ya, i see some boats as im browsing ads, and wonder about the story that got them there, theres a Westerly Konsort Duo i seen on craigslist thats in KY and i just wonder at how that boat ended up there...