What my living room looks like this evening

Started by CharlieJ, May 17, 2006, 11:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieJ

We are planning to sail on Sat AM for Florida. Figuring 6 days offshore.

This afternoon Laura made her first major foray into the grocery store ;D

Question is, will it all fit aboard? ;D ;D
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Captain Smollett

;D ;D

That reminds me of the planning of some hiking trips.  It's amazing (and scary) how much can fit into one backpack.

Have fun (and be safe) on your trip!  I plan to be putting my boat in at Hilton Head Sat. AM, which will be her first taste of salt water in 16 years.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

AdriftAtSea

The other question is...will you be able to find it, once you put it all away. ;)
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Pixie Dust

This picture cracks me up.  I told Laura I would have already been into the cookies.  :)
My kitchen looks like her living room.  I am getting ready to load it all into the car and take it to PD.   My pound cake just came out of the oven, so I can go now. I plan on sailing out on Sun morning early and do a little offshore run to Pensacola, cove hop the area and meet up with Laura and CJ when they arrive from TX. 
This girl is ready to go!!  No computers, no work.. ahhh yes.   A little water, sun, wind, Buffett and Corona with lime.   8)  Wish you all could join us!  We could have a Sailfar party here in the Gulf.  ;D
Sailfar has so much new info posted.  I have not had time to read it all and hit the recommended sites,  but I am looking forward to it when I return!
Adrift has some good stuff for us folks!!
Hopefully we will have good stories to tell upon return. 
Sea Ya!!
Connie
s/v Pixie Dust
Com-pac 27/2

Captain Smollett

Quote from: Pixie Dust on May 18, 2006, 04:03:07 PM
My pound cake just came out of the oven, so I can go now.

Ah yes, the REAL last item on the "Read to get underway" checklist.

;D ;D ;D

Have fun.  That sure sounds like a great trip. I'll want some details later, as I am planning a trip from the Apalachicola area to Pasgagoula, maybe for next year.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Zen

Connie, Have fun, but...let's be careful out there  ;D
https://zensekai2japan.wordpress.com/
Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club

Pixie Dust

Quote from: Zen on May 18, 2006, 05:01:12 PM
Connie, Have fun, but...let's be careful out there  ;D
Zen, if it is going to happen, it is going to happen out there.  (Line from Capt. Ron) ;D :D ;)

QuoteI'll want some details later, as I am planning a trip from the Apalachicola area to Pasgagoula, maybe for next year.
I have made the trip many times from Carrabelle to Destin too.  Be glad to fill you in.  Plan on coming to Panama City for a stopping off point!!  I will cook some dinner for ya and have the pound cake ready.
Connie
s/v Pixie Dust
Com-pac 27/2

Zen

starcrest

from my recollect of being in south florida the storms in the beginning of the season originate in the gulf and head somewhat north----your way.stay up on the weather.hey folks----I am ok but I have had a major setback with a recurrance of thyroid cancer that went to my lungs.I will be ok ----jus' need another dose of radio active iodine ablation.
"I will be hoping to return to the boating scene very soon.sea trial not necessary"
Rest in Peace Eric; link to Starcrest Memorial thread.

AdriftAtSea

Staying updated on the weather is a must for us all...especially on the smaller boats that we prefer.  Weather is bad on a 65' boat, with a crew of five, but on a 20-30' boat, single handing, it is far more challenging. 

Starcrest- Good luck with the radiation therapy...I'll keep my fingers crossed.  I just wish I didn't know so much about it all.   :'(
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Zen

Pixie Dust

Eric, best of luck.  We will keep you in our good thoughts and send good vibes your way.  Remember that Spiritual focus to help you through this. 
Connie
s/v Pixie Dust
Com-pac 27/2