News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Sail boat Romance

Started by Zen, May 26, 2006, 07:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zen

There was talk on someone's blog about the romance of sailing. Couples that had their first (or very close to it) date on a sailboat an had the relationship last.
It started with Paul McCarthy ( ex -Beetle , ex-Wings ) took his now-ex wife on thier first date on a sail boat, now they have split.

After you vote share your story.

Here is mine:

When I was single and living on my Ariel and in the rear of my Kung Fu studio.
I had no where to go when on a date but to my "yacht" or her place ;). Though I had a fair share of dates, many I did not take on the first date for a sail. Hmmm in fact only one. I was enamoured by a jewel from Hawaii. I asked her on the 1st date on a sail. I was just learning how to sail and getting comfortable so wanted to do nothing fancy. We sailed under main sail only. The wind was perfect, the weather was perfect. Afterward I fixed dinner at the slip. Salmon, stirfryed veggies, pasta, wine. We talked, laughed, watched the poor folks stuck in traffic on the bridge, and marvelled at the sunset. The next week I floated over the ground. The relationship did not flower though. However it is sailing golden moment.
https://zensekai2japan.wordpress.com/
Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club