Buzzards Bay mini cruisers adventure

Started by Frank, September 03, 2006, 08:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Just back from a 'small boat' trailor sailing adventure in the Buzzards Bay erea.Left from Fairhaven across Buzzards Bay to Quissett Hbr,then to Hadley Hbr(wealthy erea)..on to Vineyard Haven/Lagoon Pond (nice boats through out cruise)..then to Cutty Hunk and back to FairHaven.Would have stayed longer but bad winds forcast with more rain so we thought we'd call it a cruise.Rained 5 of our 6 days so we had enough.Nice erea,beautiful homes..large and small...with a lot of cedar shake siding.Many beautiful yachts,again both large and small.Would like to go back.LOTS of anchorages !!! Great winds too.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Oldrig

Hey Frank,

I'm afraid you couldn't have picked a worse time to visit our home waters. This weekend was a washout, except for today (Labor Day).

Even today, the wind was piping up above 25k on Buzzards Bay, despite predictions of 10-15K. I'd been itching to get out on the water, but I turned back after a mere 2 hours.

Better luck next time.

BTW, you apparently missed the manatee sighting in Quissett Harbor. It was the first ever this far north.

All the best,

--Joe

"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

Frank

we had put in the saturday before,so we had 6 days.It did rain a lot but was worth it. We heard the wind forcast so decided to pull out early and returned last friday to haul out.Great erea...lots of anchorages.Just love Vineyard Haven...pretty town....and Margerets resterant is GREAT
God made small boats for younger boys and older men