News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

A Hunter Moon Sail

Started by wolverine, October 29, 2023, 01:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolverine

The local club held a "Full Moon" sail  yesterday.  We met up on Southwest Creek off South River. The sail there was perfect.  I motored about 100 yards from our slip on Greens Creek before raising the sails, then had a 14 mile sail all on the same tack.  The Saturday race was on and I counted 28 sailboats on the water and about as many fishing craft.  After rafting up and eating and um... drinking, we settled in our own vessels for the night.  I was hoping to to sail under the Hunter moon, but the water turned to glass and I was asleep before 10pm.  The partying started up again with the rising sun, but I had obligations back home so I hoisted anchor about 9am and motored down South River toward the Neuse River.  Once on the Neuse, I raised the sails and set a course for Oriental.  The winds were out of the WNW, but changed to W as I made my approach to the Oriental bridge.  Just 30 or 40 yards from the bridge, the sails went slack and I fired up the Yanmar and motored to my slip.  I arrived home only to find a note from the wife that she went to New Bern for the day.  With my obligation away I could set back out, but it's a good day to clean up the Compac 19 and polish her stainless. 

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.
Compac 19/II
Seidelman 295

CapnK

Wow, 14 miles on the same course on inland waters, that's probably some kind of record! lol :)
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)