TIME FOR A STRANGE REPORT

Started by starcrest, January 02, 2006, 03:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starcrest

DISCLAIMER:I AM NOT NOW ON HALUCINOGENIC DRUGS NOR WAS I WHEN THIS OCCURRED.if you ever get to cross the ocean alone there will be somethings that only you will be privvy to.you wont be able to document it and this is an account of such an event.after sailing back once from hawaii I knew what I was in for.so on my triton starcrest 2 I carried extra fuel for the a-4.I had no autopilot so while motoring I hand steered.one nite while motoring,I dont know what the time zone was so I will say it was "zero dark thirty",I saw something lit up green just ahead under the surface.It looked like a whale,so I steered around it,but it stayed rite in front what ever way I turned.so I slowed the boat down.soon I knew this was no whale as the entire sea surface was now enveloped by this brite yellow lite.it looked like some where there was something lit up under water causing the ocean to glow like a brite lime green.it gets even weirder.on one side of the boat there seemed to be a  brite green mushroom cloud emerging from the sea surface.on the other side there seemed to be a brite green land mass arising out of no where.this was like nothing I had ever seen.perhaps I was going to be visited by  an alien space craft...Those things dont just happen in the movies ya know...I even wrote on a plotting sheet "theres a strange green glow in the water and I dont know what it is..." in the event my boat was found with out me on it.I tried to fotogragh it but all that came out was a dim green slide.nothing like the vivid view it really was.anyway soon it began to fade just as the sun came up.I then began to realise .....what I experienced that nite...was seeing the suns rays.... coming up from below the horison ....through the full thickness of the ocean. it had illuminated the entire ocean.that is an experience I will never forget...and I hope to some day see again.
"I will be hoping to return to the boating scene very soon.sea trial not necessary"
Rest in Peace Eric; link to Starcrest Memorial thread.

CapnK

Wow, Eric, that is cool. :) Hope I see that one day. Guess I'll know its not the MotherShip come to get me, thanks to your story. ;D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Zen

trippy... I would have thought for sure...alien time!! :o
https://zensekai2japan.wordpress.com/
Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club

Didereaux

Don't know where you were at, but you probably experienced a fairly common phenomena of upper Polynesia.  The phenomena is common enough in certain locations that native navigators use it as an indicator of location.  David Lewis in his book 'We, the Navigators' mentions it.

Also recently the phenomena was photographed for the first time from satelite, somewhere near Madagascar, if memory serves.

Would love to get to sail over it someday myself.

Didereaux
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

starcrest

I was sailing back from hawaii to california.approx lat 38----long about 140---135 I have to check my record to see fore sure.
"I will be hoping to return to the boating scene very soon.sea trial not necessary"
Rest in Peace Eric; link to Starcrest Memorial thread.