News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

RL Flomaster 1/2 gal pump-up sprayer

Started by CapnK, February 11, 2006, 08:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnK

I've long been a fan of pump-up sprayers as a KISS method to have pressure freshwater aboard. They are easy to use, pretty darn cheap, and really help with water conservation because the fine spray that they put out requires very little water to produce.

My cheapo $8 2-gallon sprayer from Big Lots has been exhibiting signs of failure lately (and I was never *real* happy with its performance in the first place), so I was glad to see that WalMart has begun to restock their garden center now that spring is imminent. I went in yesterday and looked at what sprayers were available, I've been wanting to get a quality one, since the Big Lots sprayer just never worked as well as others I've had.

I saw this small, 1/2 gallon sprayer, and thought it might be worth a try. So far I am really pleased with it - being only 1/2 gal, it takes up much less space in the cabin (even fits on a countertop!), needs less arm movement to pump up, and, with my experience of both "good" and "bad" examples of this type of sprayer, I'd say that this one is built fairly well, and should hold up fine to use.

My local WalMart is selling them for $6.43, I Googled them to see if they were available online, all I could find were commercial versions that sell for about $25. I can see no differences between the $25 version and mine, except for color - the commercal version is all black where this version has green or yellow.

You can see the pump handle on top of the sprayer. The yellow button on top of the handle is what activates the water flow, and it has a sliding lock feature which allows for a constant flow of water when activated. The nozzle is adjustable for producing either a stream or a spray; in stream mode, I am able to shoot water off the stern of the boat from inside the cabin, so this little sprayer may also work as a water gun to repel pirates, if needed. ;)

http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

CapnK

After 10 days of use, I can say that this thing is working out great. :) I may get another for this summer, to keep handy in the cockpit as an "air conditioner" for those hot days... :D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

starcrest

those are probably great for parties too.
"I will be hoping to return to the boating scene very soon.sea trial not necessary"
Rest in Peace Eric; link to Starcrest Memorial thread.

captedteach

For your Pirate Repellant  I would suggest something a little stronger than Water - May I suggest RUM?!?! ;D
Hold my beer and watch this poop

CaptTeach

s/v Faith

Quote from: captedteach on February 24, 2006, 09:23:49 AM
For your Pirate Repellant  I would suggest something a little stronger than Water - May I suggest RUM?!?! ;D

He is trying to REAPELL them, not ATTRACT them.  ;D
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.