Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Oil Lamps

Started by s/v Faith, December 22, 2005, 08:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim

And I take it these are too large

because I have a pair, and could probably make you a great Christmas offer on one of them Craig  ;)
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

s/v Faith

You know Tim, I had looked at these... and they seemed so much bigger but they are almost the exact same height.

Even at the (best yet, thanks for finding it) price of $250, those Sorrensens are pretty spendy for me.

Let me know if you do indeed decide to part with one Tim.

Did you have them on your Ariel?  How do they work out size wise mounted in the bulkhead on the stbd side>?

THanks!
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Tim

Here is a shot from the PO set-up

they do take up a fair amount of space, if I was to use them at all it would likely to be just one.

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

s/v Faith

Oh yea, that ought to work out fine then...  ;D

... I have the original cabinets, but it looks like it will fit nicely on the port side....

Looks like the 'smoke bell' will be needed since it will be rather close to the overhead..

You know, even for the premium price that Sorensen lamp does not even come with a smoke bell>?

You would think that at that price it would.....

s/v Faith

Thanks Tim,

What  a great place this is... a reflection of the great people who are drawn here.

You, my friends... are a gift to me.  I am very thankful for you all.

Blessings upon each and every one of you, may 'short be the time' until I should have the opportunity to toast you as we sit in a cockpit somewhere 'out there'.

:)

marujo_sortudo

Aye to that!  Merry Xmas to all.  FYI, to the thrifty, patient ones that good price was because that item happened to be on special at Hamilton Marine.  It seems like the put everything on 30%+ off at some time or another and I've gotten some wicked good deals just by watching and waiting.  Also, there are a cheaper, smaller varieties of lamps there should anyone be looking.  Seems they're all on sale right now.  I'd love one of those anchor lights myself, but too many other boat items to buy this winter...

s/v Faith

Got the lamp today Tim, thank you I think it is going to work out very nicely.

Fair Winds, and a Merry Christmas to all!

Tim

so the glass made it OK ?  ??? :o

W.A. Ward

s/v Faith

Quote from: Tim on December 19, 2011, 04:56:09 PM

Yes it did... excellent packaging Tim.

Thanks!

Tim

Quote from: s/v Faith on December 19, 2011, 09:28:25 PM
Quote from: Tim on December 19, 2011, 04:56:09 PM

Yes it did... excellent packaging Tim.

Thanks!

Oh good now I can apply for that Amazon job  ;)

W.A. Ward

s/v Faith

Tim,

I installed the lamp yesterday, it is wonderful!  Thanks man!

I put a 8" mirror behind it to reflect some of the light.  I went for a sail yesterday, came back in after dark and the cabin was so warm and cozy that I sat below for a long time.

Thanks man, what a wonderful gift!