Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Financing the Cruise

Started by Captain Smollett, January 21, 2007, 03:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieJ

Quote from: AdriftAtSea on March 07, 2009, 06:15:07 AM
If dollars are a scarce resource, then they're more valuable than if they're plentiful.

;D ;D

Is THAT the reason they are SO valuable at our house?? Cause they sure aren't plentiful

;D ;D

Adequate yes, plentiful, no. But then they never have been and we've done well.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

dnice

Finally an answer to all our questions!!!

the cruising expense calculator :)

"I spent most of my money on women and boats, the rest I wasted."

Gerald A. Gotts

Hello everyone,  I'm sorry to be a pain in the....  I  am still concerned about making  at least "some" $ out there.  What do you think about bartending ?  I've done a fair amt. of that although I really prefer the other side of the bar of course.

Once I feel more confident about this I can relax a bit.

BTW  If anyone is in the Tarpon Springs area of Florida we have had some great sailing days lately havn't we ?

Besides you can pull into the dock and have some souvlaki and maybe ouzo !!!

Anyway, has anyone had the experience of bartending in the islands ?  I gotta know....Thanks,Jerry
Now..............bring me that horizon

- Jack Sparrow

Captain Smollett

This week, my daughter, age 6, earned her first "professional" boat project money.

A dude at the marina needed her to access a small space to clean it out.  He COULD do it, but decided it would be quicker and easier for her, so...

She earned $2 to do it for him.  Not bad for a few minutes worth of work.

Goes to show...you got to play to your strengths.  One of her strengths at present is her small size.  She used it to advantage.

;D
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Tim

Quote from: Captain Smollett on May 02, 2009, 12:14:00 AM

Goes to show...you got to play to your strengths.  One of her strengths at present is her small size.  She used it to advantage.

;D

Great! She needs a business card "Am Small Will Work"
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Captain Smollett

Quote from: Tim on May 02, 2009, 12:17:29 AM
Quote from: Captain Smollett on May 02, 2009, 12:14:00 AM

;D

Great! She needs a business card "Am Small Will Work"

Or better:

"Will Fit In Bilge...Will Work"

;D
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Lynx

Good Luck, Not much work out there. What there is does not pay well.

Learn to work in a bar.

Good luck.
MacGregor 26M