Bismark Dinus, Clear Lake - I'll be watching the progress of this case

Started by s/v Copacetic, July 14, 2009, 10:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chattcatdaddy

Quote from: Tim on August 20, 2009, 03:03:18 PM
Verdict in, NOT guilty on two counts, third count dismissed. Now hopefully investigations will continue into the mishandling of the case by Sheriff's and DA's office

Sweet! A proper investigation should have lead to no charges being filed at all, but at least they got justice in the end. Now the investigation should start on the investigation. Interanl Affairs should crawl up into everyone involved business.

Local Sheriff here was indicted on federal drug trafficking a few years back.
Keith
International Man of Leisure

Auspicious

So now, if you belong to a yacht club that has a racing program, is the time to send a letter pushing for a policy of NO events in Lake County as long as Captain Perdock is employed, Sheriff Mitchell is in office, and DA Hopkins is in office.

The local sailors are up in arms and I expect will keep pushing for change.

Oh - if you do drink wine, Lake County Chamber of Commerce might be interested in hearing that you decide not to purchase products from any vintner or vineyard in LC.

I'm writing Eastport Yacht Club (member), Annapolis Yacht Club (in town), and the New York Yacht Club (reciprocal benefits from another club).

What are you doing?
S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

ThistleCap

You really can't call it justice when you consider the loss of a loved one and the financial indebtedness Bismark has to have incurred in defending himself.  He'll probably be years getting himself back together.  If I were in his shoes, I wouldn't feel anywhere near vindicated.
The only thing better than sailing is breathing, but neither is of much worth without the other.
There is no life without water.

nowell

Not Guilty!

http://iteamblog.abc7news.com/2009/08/boat-crash-verdict-not-guilty.html#more

Pretty crappy that they cant charge Perdock. Im definitely writing some emails. This sleazy guy needs to lose his job, pension, and everything else they can take from him. The whole thing ticks me off!
s/v "Aquila"
1967 Albin Vega #176

Tim

"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Oldrig

Thanks for following up.

I'm not sure that this qualifies as "justice," but at least Perdock's so-called law enforcement career has come to an inglorious end.

--Joe
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

Tim

the D.A. Hopkins isn't coming back and the sheriff Mitchell will be in a runoff after running second throughout.

http://lakeconews.com/content/view/14389/919/
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

AdriftAtSea

Yeah, but IMHO, Perdock should be behind bars, and so should the DA and sheriff for conspiracy to cover up Perdock's crime.
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more