Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Projects Projects Projects

Started by Solace, February 03, 2006, 09:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s/v Faith

Quote from: AllAboutMe on January 18, 2007, 08:42:07 PM
S/V Faith.........go to Sailorman.com. They have used bimini's cheap that you could modify, or maybe even match to your boat .
Larry in Richmond,Va.

Thanks Larry, (sound of pouring grog...)I will check that out. 
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Zen

I called them (sailorman.com)  looking for a dodger, no go, they do not have them  :'(, but lots of Bimini, he said
https://zensekai2japan.wordpress.com/
Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club

Mr. Fixit

Tonight I will be assembling nesting dinghy, only 4 more minor components to fabricate, then assembly begins.
Still working on my Columbia 30. Re-wiring almost complete(more work than I thought it would be. It is talking me more time than it did to wire the house I built 5 years ago). Hope to splash in May or June. Last day of work should be March 30, of course I thought the same thing last March however I was extended another year, The boat almost complete and this year I really want to get on the water. The exterior of the boat is almost complete, except for bottom paint I am considering a new system , a ceramic coating (super smooth) does require a wipe down every 4 to 8 weeks. Not sure yet
I am also considering altering transom to get better dinghy access, has anybody tried this?

s/v Faith

I would love to see som epictures of the nesting dingy construction if you have a few minutes to take some pics.

Thanks,

Mr. Fixit

I will gladly take some pictures, I am not computer literate, however I do take and e-mail pictures as part of my work. You explain how and where to send them and I will be glad to.

s/v Faith

You can post them right here in the SailFar Gallery.

Here is a thread that should explain it, if you have any trouble just let me know. 

Look forward to seeing the 'work in progress'  :)

BobW

I would love to see pics of your Columbia 30, please.  I'm partial to Columbias.  :)

Thanks.
Bob Wessel
Fenwick, MI
Building Gardens of Fenwick, a Welsford Pathfinder
Karen Ann, a Storer Goat Island Skiff

s/v Faith

I posted this on the Ariel forum, but I wonder if any here have some suggestions;

QuoteI have made some progress, the bow roller is mounted, as is the bow pulpit and stantions. I have the bow cleats centered between the mounting bases for the bow pulpit, about 2" in from the rail. (yes, I know... I will take some pictures... )

Now my question is where to mount hte mid ships cleats?

I believe that the center of the Ariel falls right in between the portlights. That space is already taken by a stantion. I am thinking that I would rather have them slightly aft of that, as that is probably closer to the center of lateral resistance (where the balance point would be if you tried to drag the boat through the water sideways). A friend of mine made a pretty good argument for trying to figure out exactly where that point was and mountng them there....

I wonder if anyone has looked at this before, or knows a reason why they might be better placed somewhere other then just aft of midships>?
Thanks,

Captain Smollett

Where is the point of maximum beam?

If the their primary use is when docking, I would think that would be a good spot.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

AdriftAtSea

The amidships cleats I use are the Schaeffer ones that mount to the genoa track.  The track is through-bolted every 4 inches, so I doubt that there is much force that the cleat can't handle... and the position is adjustable, since it uses a pin-stop.
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

s/v Faith

Quote from: Captain Smollett on March 01, 2007, 04:43:16 PM
Where is the point of maximum beam?

If the their primary use is when docking, I would think that would be a good spot.

Why at her hips of course... hubba hubba,,,  ;D

It is near where I am planning to put them.. It is more a question of slighlty more or less aft.