News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Case Logic, hanging stowage.

Started by s/v Faith, March 03, 2007, 10:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s/v Faith

Someone asked me about the hanging organizer I have aboard Faith.

Click for larger picture

I checked the tag, and it is a 'Case Logic' organizer.  I saw it at K-mart, and thought it would work.  It is well made, with heavy nylon, and strong mesh.  There are  inserts in the corners, and small strips sewn into the front of the mesh pockets to keep them from deforming with the weight of things placed in them.

I understand that K-Mart no longer carries them, but you can order direct from the Case Logic website.

They have several different sizes, and they are very reasonably priced.  The one I have is the '9 pocket' model

Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Bubba the Pirate

I suppose at the price on their website it is definitely replaceable.   But can you tell what kind of metal the grommets are?   How long do you think they'll last? 

TrT
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cmdr Pete

1965 Pearson Commander "Grace"

Melonseed Skiff "Molly"

s/v Faith

Quote from: sailorbum on March 04, 2007, 12:20:23 PM
I suppose at the price on their website it is definitely replaceable.   But can you tell what kind of metal the grommets are?   How long do you think they'll last? 

TrT

I don't know.  They look like bead blasted stainless, but it is probably some kind of coating over steel.  Mine has been aboard for several months, in a saltwater environment and has not shown any sign of corrosion.
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Bubba the Pirate

Thanks! 

Hopefully by the end of the month, I'll have a boat under me.   

This is on my list!

TrT
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~