News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

The Grass Is Greener

Started by Captain Smollett, December 26, 2005, 11:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Smollett

My dream destination, the trip I am "training" for, is to cross the Atlantic to Ireland.  I want to visit the County Caven, the seat of my ancestry.  I often wonder if I will ever return from such a trip however.

Then I remember that old adage: "The Grass Is Greener on the Other Side."  When the other side is Ireland, however, it just MIGHT be true.

:)
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

CapnK

Methinks it would be hard to escape the gravitational pull of the Irish pubs and the oh-so-pleasingly accented Irish lasses... Be careful. ;D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Captain Smollett

You know it!  ;D

In Aurora, Co., I lived within walking distance of the Shebeen Pub on Iliff Blvd.  Many, many a night involved navigation by luck just to get back home!
8)
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Amorous

WHEEEEENNN IRISH EYES ARE SMILIN............all together now!

;D

Chris

An Atlantic crossing and Irish circumnavigation would be pretty danged exciting! Joining in on the Jester Challenge out of Portsmouth England to get back home to the U.S. would really put a feather in it!
Much to be desired in that one!    http://www.jesterinfo.org/